• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

PI Intake Swap Alternator Bracket fit problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter GulfCoastMustang
  • Start date Start date May 11, 2004
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Next
First Prev 2 of 3 Next Last

PG98GT

Founding Member
Apr 5, 2001
687
0
0
Mt. Carmel, TN
May 24, 2004
#21
  • May 24, 2004
  • #21
Well, to answer the original post, I used them both, the PI under the NPI bracket. It's been fine now going on 5 years. I couldn't figure it out so that seemed like the best solution. If you go to page 2 under the link in my sig, enlarge the engine photo, you can see the result.
 

Blev

New Member
Aug 17, 2003
1,295
1
0
So. Cal. V-Town
May 24, 2004
#22
  • May 24, 2004
  • #22
PG98GT said:
Well, to answer the original post, I used them both, the PI under the NPI bracket. It's been fine now going on 5 years. I couldn't figure it out so that seemed like the best solution. If you go to page 2 under the link in my sig, enlarge the engine photo, you can see the result.
Click to expand...
So your saying you did the PI intake swap 5 years ago? Why the hell didn't you share this with us along time ago.......
 
N

No Control

New Member
Jan 27, 2003
263
0
0
San Diego, CA
May 24, 2004
#23
  • May 24, 2004
  • #23
Half way done with the first one. It's going pretty easy, but I'm using the wrong bits. They're for wood. Got to go to the store to pic some more up, and will also get batteries to take pics and post...

1/4 inch aluminum. Hopefully, I can re-use the original bolts. Should be done with the first one tonite...
 

PG98GT

Founding Member
Apr 5, 2001
687
0
0
Mt. Carmel, TN
May 24, 2004
#24
  • May 24, 2004
  • #24
Heck yes I've been sharing info. Heads have been on since Sep 99, too bad I didn't know about removing the swirl dams to lower the compression because I'd sure like to supercharge it and not have the compression worry me. I post the parts list when appropriate and I see a post that needs the info or help, I don't just post for the heck of it, I don't have the time like I did before to really search the posts.
 
N

No Control

New Member
Jan 27, 2003
263
0
0
San Diego, CA
May 24, 2004
#25
  • May 24, 2004
  • #25
So far this is what I've got::




Tools used so far:
Drill with various bits
Dremel tool with spiral bits and a router attachment
Saber saw with metal blades.
 

Attachments

  • Mvc-012s.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 358
  • Mvc-016s.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 366
H

HIGDON

New Member
Nov 2, 2003
241
0
0
Ft. Hood, TX
May 25, 2004
#26
  • May 25, 2004
  • #26
Hey, those look great. You should make them and sell them for cheap Keep us posted, I would need them but I've been persuaded to get the heads and I found a pair cheap soooo. My buddy would def wanna pair.
 
N

No Control

New Member
Jan 27, 2003
263
0
0
San Diego, CA
May 25, 2004
#27
  • May 25, 2004
  • #27
First one complete! Pic:
 

Attachments

  • Mvc-017s.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 314

lman657

New Member
Aug 31, 2003
85
0
0
May 26, 2004
#28
  • May 26, 2004
  • #28
No control- very sweet looking, how long did those take you, just for curiosity's sake?
 
N

No Control

New Member
Jan 27, 2003
263
0
0
San Diego, CA
May 26, 2004
#29
  • May 26, 2004
  • #29
Took me 5 hours to complete the first one. We'll see with the second. I've been using a dremel, a drill and a sabre saw to cut the metal. I'm going to see if I've got a metal bit for my router tonight and hook up the table, so maybe it'll go a little faster.

I've already got the bolt holes cut and the pattern traced out on the next block of aluminum, so it should be done tonight.
 
2

2002BLGT

Well-Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
2,945
4
59
Bedford VA
May 26, 2004
#30
  • May 26, 2004
  • #30
do me a favor , post a pic of both sides with the actual corresponding gasket , I wanna see how close you got those things , looks good in pic , man nice work , might try to do this myself for a friend if i like how yours look with the gasket laying on them . post results of the install too when you get the car running again
 
2

2002BLGT

Well-Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
2,945
4
59
Bedford VA
May 26, 2004
#31
  • May 26, 2004
  • #31
also , did you cut all the way through to match up for the NPI side first and then smooth it out for the PI side , or didnt you drill a big hole and just dremel it out to your lines on each side ??
 
N

No Control

New Member
Jan 27, 2003
263
0
0
San Diego, CA
May 26, 2004
#32
  • May 26, 2004
  • #32
Finally done. Took the same amount of time to make the second one. Almost killed myself with the router .

Anyways, I don't think I'll make anymore as my dremel is about done (man, what I would give for a cnc machine. Just wanted to show everyone that it can be done, if you've got a little talent.

To answer your question-yes, I went all the way through and matched after to the PI gasket. The lines aren't very straight, and I will post install pics (with gaskets).
Last pic:
 

Attachments

  • Mvc-022s.webp
    15 KB · Views: 329

Blev

New Member
Aug 17, 2003
1,295
1
0
So. Cal. V-Town
May 26, 2004
#33
  • May 26, 2004
  • #33
No Control said:
Finally done. Took the same amount of time to make the second one. Almost killed myself with the router .

Anyways, I don't think I'll make anymore as my dremel is about done (man, what I would give for a cnc machine. Just wanted to show everyone that it can be done, if you've got a little talent.

To answer your question-yes, I went all the way through and matched after to the PI gasket. The lines aren't very straight, and I will post install pics (with gaskets).
Last pic:
Click to expand...
Kick-a$$ job man
 
2

2002BLGT

Well-Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
2,945
4
59
Bedford VA
May 27, 2004
#34
  • May 27, 2004
  • #34
hell yeah for hand built I give you a A+ , as long as they seal I wouldnt worry about the lines being that straight LOL .
 
N

No Control

New Member
Jan 27, 2003
263
0
0
San Diego, CA
May 28, 2004
#35
  • May 28, 2004
  • #35
Thanks for all the replies... I'm starting a new post on the install (intake is off, and plates w/gaskets are lined up)...
 
J

Joel's98GT

New Member
Jan 3, 2004
368
0
0
central OH
Jun 12, 2004
#36
  • Jun 12, 2004
  • #36
update on the bracket, the proper one that fits the updated aluminum x-over intake SHOULD be, 1W7E-10153-EA

Pic: http://forums.modulardepot.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=231561
 
6

66SilverStar

New Member
Jul 23, 2003
61
0
0
Alabama
Jun 15, 2004
#37
  • Jun 15, 2004
  • #37
so can the pi intake be bolted to the 98 model heads with a bunch of silicone and have a chance of sealing?
 
2

2002BLGT

Well-Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
2,945
4
59
Bedford VA
Jun 15, 2004
#38
  • Jun 15, 2004
  • #38
yes but if you wanna not take chances with silicone , it cost more but in my opinion is worth it , check out livernois motorsports , whole kit with modified intake is 650 bucks , alot cheaper and easier than headswap , add PI cams and you should see some nice gains .
 

GulfCoastMustang

Founding Member
Jun 22, 2000
1,477
0
0
Winston-Salem, NC
Jun 16, 2004
#39
  • Jun 16, 2004
  • #39
66SilverStar said:
so can the pi intake be bolted to the 98 model heads with a bunch of silicone and have a chance of sealing?
Click to expand...

The answer is yes. Several others have done it, including myself. I had a hesitation that I thought was attributed to a vacuum leak but it turned out to be a faulty O2 sensor. The car is running great. I used a generous amount of Copper RTV as seen in this pic...
 

Attachments

  • RTV-03.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 201

d98gt

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
4,505
59
204
SE Texas
Jun 16, 2004
#40
  • Jun 16, 2004
  • #40
I take on this install Friday/Saturday.

From what i've read.. i have the Pi Intake on order (Summit 199.99)

NPI gaskets (2)
thermostat o-ring
water pump o-ring
updated coolant/heater tube
updated alternator bracket
updated thermostat housing bolts (2)
the updated water pump nipple that connects to the heater tube.


I believe that Randy sells this all together for $65 + Shipping..

Do you see anything left out?

Thanks
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Next
First Prev 2 of 3 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

1
Engine Motor swap from a 2003 Explorer
  • 1996mustang new
  • Oct 9, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
766
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 16, 2025
squeak93
J
Used PI intake what to check for
  • jay99914
  • Oct 29, 2024
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
369
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Nov 4, 2024
jay99914
J
0
V6 to V8 Swap info
  • 02_2v_Curtis
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
955
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Wednesday at 4:28 AM
2v_johnny
2
C
For Sale Fox Phenolic intake spacer - Holley SysteMax/Saleen/Trick Flow/Ford Truck
  • Cobra Jet NJ
  • Mar 3, 2024
  • Engine and Power Adder
Replies
0
Views
557
Engine and Power Adder Mar 3, 2024
Cobra Jet NJ
C
98 GT PI Swapped Engine Fires, Dies Immediately NOT PATS
  • MMccPerformance
  • Dec 2, 2023
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
2K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Dec 20, 2023
Yel2002GTAuto
Y
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?