Pics of my now 5 year old project

• Sponsors (?)

Nice looking LX, congrats! Also congrats on the Canon Digital Rebel XTi :)
A little "seat time" with the new camera and your pics will look better, dont worry. You may want to try shooting in RAW so that you can "fix" the shots a little in post processing; RAW offers quite a bit more flexability.

Dude your car is Sweet, but that power steering pump has to be painted or somethin lol, great car and awesome pix, any times yet?

I like a simple wet sanded/cleaned bracket and the black reservoir myself. The white ones look good if you buy a new one but then you have to keep it clean or it gets nasty looking like most of them are. I bought a reman. pump from Autozone and it came with a black reservoir. I supposed you could also paint the white one with some Krylon Fusion paint made for plastic.

Thanks for the supportive replies from all.

I'll answer all of the specific questions in detail tomorrow. My wife went into the emergency room on 1:00am Friday, and had to have her appendix removed later that day. Recovering well now, but I'm incredibly sleep-deprived and will try to get some sleep tonight.

:flag:

Alan, best wishes for a speedy recovery to Mrs Alan. :nice:

The car looks great! Thanks for the Jetson-like sub-amp pic (that was a compliment - it's very unusual and cool!). I wanted to see that. :D

Not that I'd change a thing but since you asked what next, hood struts for Valentines day might be nice. :shrug:

Happy New Year!

Just a quick bump to see if everything is ok with the Mrs.

Wow Alan! Didn't know that your wife had surgery.

Hope all is well with her.

Thanks, fellas.

Mrs. Alan (Kathy) is home again and resting peacefully.

Hard to believe a "spare part" (the appendix) can cause such a major problem. When we left for the hospital Friday morning, I was convinced she had a kidney stone. I hated to watch her suffer in extreme pain, and a slow-ass emergency room let her writhe in agony for almost 7 hours before stabilzing her pain. Talk about feeling helpless.

Luckily, my past line of work had me in contact with a lot of the areas top doctors and surgeons (they like their toys, LOL) and we got her the best care available after a few phone calls. For this, I felt pretty blessed. The hospital was going to provide her with some old-school surgeon who was going to gut her like a fish. A friend called in a few favors, and we had one of the best in our area perform a Laproscopic Appendectomy. She'll be back in action pretty soon, and thank goodness this is one problem she'll never have again.

I still plan to answer those questions about my car, probably later today. :nice:

Wow, beautiful car man. I don't know many cars that are nicer than a clean, stock body LX fox. It looks like you did an awesome job on the car all around. You kind of inspired me to get to work on my car too. I've really been putting off tearing into my car this winter because I'm worried about it not being ready for spring, but you went without yours for 5 years!

He's always had the car (for the most part) in running condition, it's just been a 5 year time period to build it to its current state is what he meant :)