Piston to cylinder wall clearance

393 notch

Jan 1, 2007
Well the motor is going together this week, 393 stroker 40. over. does anyone know what the cylinder to wall clearance should be? im using forged pistons. the engine builder says its a little tight but wasnt very specific. any help would be great....

• Sponsors (?)

Well the motor is going together this week, 393 stroker 40. over. does anyone know what the cylinder to wall clearance should be? im using forged pistons. the engine builder says its a little tight but wasnt very specific. any help would be great....

What piston are you using? Each piston manufacture usually suggest something a little different. What is the exact application NA, Boosted, N2O? If your having the motor built by a professional it is not a question that they should be asking you, they should know.....

They are probe pistons (forged) from the coast high kit. its a n/a motor.. the engine builder said he likes a little more room between the piston and wall than there is but he said it would be o.k. i think it has 2 to 3 thousenths. i got alot of money into this motor and i want to be certain its done right.

They are probe pistons (forged) from the coast high kit. its a n/a motor.. the engine builder said he likes a little more room between the piston and wall than there is but he said it would be o.k. i think it has 2 to 3 thousenths. i got alot of money into this motor and i want to be certain its done right.

I build with a lot of Probe SRS series pistons, you should be fine with .002"-.003"