Placing of jack stands

JJHstang

5 Year Member
Sep 12, 2018
Fort Worth, TX
When jacking up the front end to change oil or to work under the car. Is it ok to place jack stands at the pinch points behind the front wheels after you get the front end jacked up with the floor jack? 1971 mustang Mach 1.
I have read different to dos and not to do when jacking up front end to work under three car.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think it was a dumb question I just dont know the answer. Personally I like to put my Jack stands under something like the points where the A arms connect to the frame. I'm always afraid I'm going to bend stuff up. Maybe post a pic of the point under the car that you want to put the stand under.

Thank you all for your replies. I have been setting up the stands under the car as Olive stated. I just thought that I could get a little more room setting them up where you place the Jack when changing a flag tire. The points behind the front tires and the points in front of the rear tires.
I had read a person could place the Jack stands there but also have read as Steve mentioned you can cause the body to bend. I will keep placing them under the car as Olive said.
Thanks again.