Plasma Cutter. My New Favorite Tool

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
I've been looking around for a bit for a good plasma cutter. My only requirement was it be American made. Miller, Lincoln, Hobart etc. all good brand names that have parts available if needed. I've heard nothing but good things about hem Miller 375 and I just wanted to see what folk's opinions were on these.

• Sponsors (?)

The only plasma cutter experience I have is with a Hypertherm unit,but I've used it for many years with minimal issues and many different metal thickness and types lol. All the welders at work are Miller and they have been great,so I'd venture out there plasma cutter would be too :)

And.... I know you said American made,but... I know @madmike1157 has a Chinese unit and Loves it

The only plasma cutter experience I have is with a Hypertherm unit,but I've used it for many years with minimal issues and many different metal thickness and types lol. All the welders at work are Miller and they have been great,so I'd venture out there plasma cutter would be too :)

And.... I know you said American made,but... I know @madmike1157 has a Chinese unit and Loves it
Yeahhh...I was gonna throw out a recommendation but there is that "American" thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeahhh...I was gonna throw out a recommendation but there is that "American" thing.

Yeahhh... I looked at the logos brand and it has a lot of mixed reviews. I want something that will be around in 10 yrs and won't cause me too many heart aches over the years. Everyone points to the big manufacturer. I know I'm going to pay for that but I've got a excellent gift coming from the wife st xmas.

Yeahhh... I looked at the logos brand and it has a lot of mixed reviews. I want something that will be around in 10 yrs and won't cause me too many heart aches over the years. Everyone points to the big manufacturer. I know I'm going to pay for that but I've got a excellent gift coming from the wife st xmas.
I have had that Chinee combo plasma cutter since 08. It works like I want it to, when I want it to. It is a brand name that predates Lotos....(Longevity) but both are still out there, but Longevity has gotten stupid expensive.

$_35.JPG

259.00 on Ebay. Unless you're gonna be a plasma cutting fool, this to me is a perfect shop tool.

My old Longevity model is no longer made but I think it's something like this now a days

A4DH_1311544174541995190SmOf9V4pv.jpg

I'm thinkin that Longevity moved on, and stepped up their game, and brands like Lotos are using their old design, and chassis. This piece looks exactly like mine save for the power button. (mine is on back,) and mine is blue.

This whole thing sells for 498.00 Tig/stick/50amp Plasma cutter

Lotos has been 50/50 in reviews and everyone that has had trouble has had trouble with support side when something goes wrong. Even those with a warranty have had issues with getting stuff fixed or even parts.

Lotos has been 50/50 in reviews and everyone that has had trouble has had trouble with support side when something goes wrong. Even those with a warranty have had issues with getting stuff fixed or even parts.
Guess that all dpends on where you look, and where you buy it from. Bought my Lotos through Amazon.

The piece garners a 4 outta 5 stars on 304 submitted reviews there.

Thinking I'll order through Home Depot and see if I can get an extended warranty on it. That way I don't have to ship anything and can just take it back to the store.

IMG_0208.JPG
I ended up with a longevity plasma cutter (forcecut 40d). After looking at several different ones and going over prices and reviews this looks to be the best bet form me. Comes with a 1 year warranty and everyone says they have a great customer service. Should be here later this week or just after Christmas

Reactions: 1 users
IMG_0237.JPG
IMG_0235.JPG

Just fired it up for the first time today. Cuts nice and smooth. I used a straight edge that has a groove which keeps it off the material. Soo much better than a cutting wheel. This is 18 ga. steel. I'm making a small box for my truck as a first project