Please help, buying 86 GT

Oct 20, 2018
Boston, MA
It's in Swansea Mass near Fall River. From what I've seen the strut towers are clean and no underside rust. The ad is old, the car is up for 4000 and currently 72k miles. The only rusty spot on the car is some spots under the hatch window. Will post pics.

Attachments

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang5L5

Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt"
SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
4K is probably a realistic price for it. I still question the miles but you'll just need to go byoverall condition and how well it runs and drives.

But 4-eye ttop is a cool car to grab. Looks generally clean on the outside. Just check for rust.

The front fender looks a bit out of alignment as well so check the Inner apron area for damage

Oct 20, 2018
Boston, MA
Current owner has had it for the past 13 years, he also has the receipts for all parts bought and installed. Also drives excellent

Boostedpimp

10 Year Member
May 8, 2003
NJ
Well, definitely not a tube chassis car but I'd look the shock towers over closely of course but also the other problem areas like torque boxes, door hinge areas, area all around the master cylinder and under the trunk/hatch area by the fuel filter.

Oct 20, 2018
Boston, MA
Well, definitely not a tube chassis car but I'd look the shock towers over closely of course but also the other problem areas like torque boxes, door hinge areas, area all around the master cylinder and under the trunk/hatch area by the fuel filter.
Sorry but what's a tube chassis car?

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
Well yes and no, yes it is part of a 'tube chassis ' car. Looks like 'through the floor' sub frame connectors. In the link I sent you are pictures of a true 'tube chassis ' car. In my opinion this is not a tube chassis car. But I have not seen the underside so there could be more.

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Those are through the floor subframe connectors. I wouldn't call it a tube chassis, but it is nice bracing to have on a car if you don't mind the bars in the interior

Mustang5L5

SN Certified Technician
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Hopefully you are enjoying it in what is the last stretch of decent weather in this neck of the woods.