Engine Please Help Edelbrock 5023 E Street Heads with hydraulic roller cam

I have a brand new set of Edelbrock E Street heads 5023 that came with the 89 5.0 I recently bought. Edelbrock says these heads won't work with roller cam because valve float will ruin the valve seat? I would think with the proper valve springs matched to the cam the float would be eliminated unless over revved. Am I wrong on this? Hoping to use these Aluminum heads rather than buy another set but not sure.. Please Help.

• Sponsors (?)

I would sell them and get a set of heads that are roller lifter compatible, I would also consider not using the b cam, they are not a good hp match. But that is my opinion, I would suggest looking at some of the builds here or talk to a manufacturer for advice on what works, it's a total package that makes things work as desired, plan your build before just throwing available parts together.

Reactions: 1 user
I would sell them and get a set of heads that are roller lifter compatible, I would also consider not using the b cam, they are not a good hp match. But that is my opinion, I would suggest looking at some of the builds here or talk to a manufacturer for advice on what works, it's a total package that makes things work as desired, plan your build before just throwing available parts together.
Wh
I have a trick flow track heat upper and lower intake. I want to have 325hp what head and cam throttle body size would you recommend?

I could recommend stuff but I don't because I am not an expert and if I was I would need to know more. Street car, street/track (drag or road course) rear gear, trans, that kind of stuff. Some don't consider what happens when they add more power to the stock high mile suspension, brakes and body. The first thing I do is rebuild and upgrade the brakes and suspension, subframe connectors are also a consideration, then plan my engine/trans modifications.