Please help identify this linkage.

I have a 83 GLX that was converted to a v8. I dont know what model and year the motor came out of, i bought it already converted. This linkage I am pointing too is just hanging out back here. Just need help finding out what it is, looking at pictures it kinda looks like a throttle linkage off a much older car but i am not sure

Attachments

• IMG_1264.JPG
    IMG_1264.JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Sponsors (?)

Transmission kick down lever, it modulates shifts by the throttle position, you need one hooked up but I don't know if there is a difference between the v6 and v8 levers. If its not hood up I think it can damage the transmission.

You need to find out if there is a difference between the v8 and v6 levers. The new carb should have a option for connecting it, consult the carb instructions or the manufacturer/seller. In the meantime someone may chime in with more info.

Or the carb is from a year that used a tvs cable, I really don't know from pics, I wouldn't drive the car without it hooked up and I don't know what kind of adjustment would be needed. Is there a small triangle tag attached to one of the carb body screws?