Please HELP...it's hot warm outside and my windows won't go down!

More update...I just swaped the CB's from the fuse box with working ones from my buddy's car...STILL NO LUCK...I also tried MY CB's on his car and they work...WTF is going on here? Is there a fuse that is not in the actual fuse box but rather somwhere under the dash that controls the windows that might have gone bad...? OR can a fuse that appears to be fine be actually bad? This is the most retarded problem I had on my car that I can't seem to figure out...Funny thing is when I removed one of the CB's from the fuse box...(one closest to the round CB...by removing that CB, the windows would not work...Anyone familiar or knows what CB's I'm talking about? Can an actuall fuse box go bad? It just mind boggling...there is no way all 4 window motors would have gone bad...I also checked the power going to the window switch and its definately getting power...SOMEONE HELP...before I sell my car...

• Sponsors (?)

what year model is it? tryin to help ya I feel ur frustration. The All knowing haynes auto repair manual says their is a relay for power windows and it looks like it is connected to the fuse in your power top. I hope this helps u track it down, i will keep searching for more info

DC

darthcual said:
what year model is it? tryin to help ya I feel ur frustration. The All knowing haynes auto repair manual says their is a relay for power windows and it looks like it is connected to the fuse in your power top. I hope this helps u track it down, i will keep searching for more info

DC

There is a relay? and its in the fuse box? I wonder if its the same as the CB that others are referring to...cuz when I took one what I think is a CB my top would not go up...I'm pretty sure what I took out was a circuit braker...My car is a 91...I haven't taken out the passanger side switch...I will do that... just to find out...BTW: Can I test the continuity on the fuses just to double check that its not those? Thanks for all the pointers guys...

darthcual said:
Ok buddy it looks like the relay is behind your control panel ie the radio and ac controls. I got into mine and found about four relays but im not sure which one controls the windows. I hope this helps you out.

Well my radio is out...it should not be a problem locating a relay...How can I find out if a relay is bad? same as with the fuses?