Please look at these dyno results

Steel

Apr 13, 2006
Modena , Italy
Ok , I admit that the numbers are really bad :bang: ;
The stang is totally stock now ; since I am planning on modding it with K&N filter + SCT2 custom tune for the eurosuper 95 octane fuel , I decided to take a dyno run before the mods .
The results are horrible , I think mainly because our fuel has too many octane . In fact there is a big drop around the 4000 rpm probably for this reason .

Conversions for your units of measure :
1kW = 1,34 HP
1Nm=0,74 lb ft

so I have
max torque 261,8 lb ft at 2878 rpm
max HP 229,3
max rwhp 179,7 at 5475 rpm :eek:

but the curves are really bad , as if the motor cannot reach its maximum power , in fact at 5500 rpm we see no drop .

We did not go over 5500 rpm to avoid damage to the cat for the lack of ventilation under the car : the fan was pointing at the front of the car .

Anyway , I would like to know your opinions on this dyno .

If someone has a dyno chart of his 05 V8 stang and can post it for comparison , I would be very glad of seeing it on this tread ; better if not modded so we can have more interesting comparison.

All HP data are SAE , and the dyno tester is a very serious company that makes the dynos for local races with ferrari , maserati , etc .

Thanks to everybody

Steel

• Sponsors (?)

Those are very bad numbers but the dyno could be miss calibrated or the environmental conditions could be poor (humid, hot and high). However that craptacular curve certainly indicates something is very wrong. The stock Mustang torque and power curve is very smooth, the fact that your's is all over the place definitly indicates something is wrong. Overly high octane fuel can slightly reduce performance, but nothing like what you're seeing. Did do the dyno run immediatly after resetting the ECU (unplugging the battery for a few minutes)? That could degrade performance slightly, untill the adaptive ECU gets back up to speed... I don't know man, something seems very wrong.