Polishing people

• Sponsors (?)

Almost done my discharge tube.
Before. Notice where someone took a grinder around the blow off valve :bang: .
View attachment 483803
Another before shot.
View attachment 483805
Here's a good tip. I like to use the sponge back sand paper by 3M. It comes in a variety of grits. I cut it in quarters and goto work. I like it because it saves your finger tips and resits rolling over on itself when your really pushing down.

Here it is after HOURS of sanding. This is after 320 grit and I'm ready to do some buffing :nice: .
View attachment 483807
View attachment 483809

I sat down and polished till it was done!
DSCF1852.jpg

Check out these glamor shots :D .
View attachment 483723
View attachment 483725

Attachments

• DSCF1852.jpg
    DSCF1852.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 63
89white50 said:
that looks amazing pb_paulie_B, definitely worth the time and effort you put in. sets ur car apart from the rest for sure.

*oh and i forgot to laugh my ass off cuz of daggar once again. so here it goes...:rlaugh: :lol: :lol: ahhhh thanks :D
Thankx for the compliment :nice: . Anybody can have a stroked 351. Anybody can have one blown, but not a polished stroked and blown 351 :D

with the alternator, do you take the casing off? i'd imagine a whole bunch of crap would get in there when sanding. i wanted to attempt it, but backed off because of all the spaces in the casing. if i had it apart, it would be a lot easier

I took off the casing a couple of times to get into some tight spots better. I never removed anything inside the alternator. I did blow it out with air alot of times though. I haven't had to use it yet so I can't tell you if that was a mistake or not.

Back to the grind. Now that the discharge tube is done I'm working on the power steering pump bracket. I have heard from several people in the know that it's one of the hardest items to get a good shine from... No promises but I'm gonna give it my best.
Man the casting sucks. It looks like mine wasn't even aligned right when it was poured :rolleyes: . It's going to take some time just to get the crude off.

This is my first piece i have polished. I am pleased with the way it turned out for it being my first time trying this. I must say i'm hooked. Let us know how that powersteering housing comes out, it was next on my list lol.

before
polishedparts0027yr.jpg
after
polishedparts0076sa.jpg

Attachments

• polishedparts0027yr.jpg
    polishedparts0027yr.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 58
  • polishedparts0076sa.jpg
    polishedparts0076sa.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 54
The haze is SO frustrating with this pc..I have managed to get quite a nice appearing finish, only to have it haze up on it's own (though still quite nice) . Even the best available products and softest cloths seem to leave fine scratches and mild haze on the pc. The parts look GREAT...nice job removing the seam and really a nice finish surface...just don't get overy frustrated, it's just not a great casting. This is the only pc I have dealt with that seems to have a desire to be difficult...I just think of it as a typical ford part...:)