Popping noises 89 automatic LX

So when I finaly think all is well :poo: hits the fan, Ive been having loud popping noises coming from the driver side engine bay every time I start it up after sitting a while sounds like back firing but from the front I cant figure out what it is and also a sound similar to a card clipped to a bicycle wheel every time am driving and step on the the throttle, and last but not least when coming to a stop my aod transmission revs slightly aggressively before the last gear. Am scared I might have to put My Little Pony down☠, any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

So when I finaly think all is well :poo: hits the fan, Ive been having loud popping noises coming from the driver side engine bay every time I start it up after sitting a while sounds like back firing but from the front I cant figure out what it is and also a sound similar to a card clipped to a bicycle wheel every time am driving and step on the the throttle, and last but not least when coming to a stop my aod transmission revs slightly aggressively before the last gear. Am scared I might have to put My Little Pony down☠, any input would be greatly appreciated.
Burned plug wires arcing ? Blown header gasket ?

Could have a bad spark plug even though they were just replaced. And if there is carbon deposits in the dist cap, a bad plug with high resistance will cause cross fire in the dist cap. This makes another cylinder fire out of order and cause a backfire or popping.

Reactions: 1 user

• Loved It!
Reactions: 1 users