popping through intake after couple mods, where should my timing be?

my car has an e-cam, stock heads, msd distributor, blaster coil, ford racing wires, cobra upper/lower intake, converted to mass air with stock mas sensor, 19lbs injectors, 70mm throttle body, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, long tubes, no air pump or smog stuff.

the car pops like a mofo when pushing the gas, i didnt drive on it i just wanted to get it idling, im pretty sure the timing is off, and it needs to be tuned......what is some things i should check? where should my timing be? i havent seen any obvious vaccum leaks and most of the hoses are brand new on the car.

any help?

• Sponsors (?)

I would check the vacuum lines underneath the intake (the ones that are a ****** to get to) and double check all other lines. The same thing happened to me after i did plugs, wires, t/b, intake and all that crap on my car and one of the lines underneath the intake was of. Also stock timing is 10 degrees, if running 93 octane go with 14 or 15.

well it looks like the firing order is correct, can anyone confirm the firing order?? i have 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 going counterclock wise anyone know what my spark plugs should be gapt at? i might as well check them i forgot what i gapped them when i installed them.
any other thoughts?

HO and 351W firing order

attachment.php

ok so the firing order is perfect, i had a guy with a timing gun come over, it was way off...but it wouldnt idle untill he put it to 22 degrees.
soo the timing is now at 22 degrees (yes i know its too high, but its running a hell of a lot better now, not popping)
now, the idle was still not perfect, the was some random self revs or surging....the guy helping me out was playing with the engine warness right underneath the upper intake around the injectors, as he pulled them softly, the car wanted to die....looking closer, some of the wires look like they have tons of age on them, and probably way too much heat by now.
also we tried plugging into the computer just too see what kinda codes would show up....but the plug or wiring to the harness is bad....the code reader would not register anything? figures!
any tips?!

22 degrees?

You are pulling the SPOUT connector out before setting the tining right?? usually 5.0's operate in the 10-14 degree range, rarely any higher. With the spout connector in, the timing at idle will jump to approx 18 degrees (when set at stock 10) If it's reading 22 degrees, you are most likely around 14 degrees.

If you are getting 22 degrees with the spout connector pulled out, well that that's very odd