Post Your Best Car Fails Here!

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
5 Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
South Jersey
Post your best car fails here:

Whether you stumble across something too epic not to share or just really had a fail of your own in the garage lets see it!

I stumbled across this gem last night, it just spells WIN in a whole new light!
FB_IMG_1431042471233.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well... Not fox related, but still a fail on my end.

A few weeks ago, I returned my coyote to stock to pass emissions. Afterward, I mistakenly loaded in a "canned" tune from a popular vendor instead of the custom tune from AED which it had before. (I just learned what my mistake was a few minutes ago.) Anyway, I knew something was up because the car lost a ton of low end power and had a nasty surge in the upper limits.

Im not here to say canned tunes don't work for everyone, I'm just saying in my particular case, the custom route yielded a ton more power - and it was much smoother.

Anyway - So what was my fail? Attempting to mod my car without first researching what I was doing and going at it competently. Lesson learned there. Last night I tried to figure out what the issue was and may have bricked the ECM. Let's hope I can undo my doing tonight when I get home. Fortunatley, I still have the fox to get me around.

Does launching at the Dragstrip in reverse gear(instead of 1st)and blowing your driveshaft apart count? (It was an old Chevy 4speed)

Oh and the guy behind me wasn't happy.

Reactions: 1 user