Power brake boosters

Edbert

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2002
Austin TX
I purchased one of these new Wilwood master cylinders for my classic project...

webMC8555_500.jpg

I am putting it behind a Fox booster which is why I am posting in this forum. The problem at hand is that the pushrod from the Fox booster protrudes too far from the housing to work with the master cylinder. Is the pushrod removeable? I looked at it and there is a small plastic bushing that keeps it alinged, it does NOT allow the rod to slip out but I did not try pulling hard for fear of breaking the dang thing. Anyone know if I can get a shorter rod or remove and cut down the one I have?

The other approach would be to install a spacer between the MC and the booster. A spacer of 0.75-1.0 should suffice but I don't even know if such a thing exists. Any of you Fox gurus know?

• Sponsors (?)

the one on my 1988 mustang is adjustable(stock). I also have a 65 fastback that has the cnc m/c on it, I had to cut the rod on the side it enters the mastercylinder (this set up has no power brakes) .010 is optimal clearence between the rod end and where it makes contact inside the m/c. chris

Yeah the outter end (toward the front) of the rod is adjustable with a threaded cap, but it still waaaay too long for that master cylinder.

I am too scared to try and pull the thing out unless I know it is 'supposed' to come out. I want the option of returning it if necessary.

Just got off the phone with Wilwood's tech support. they are sending me a spacer free of charge. I've seen their tech support and customer service bashed here on Stangnet before. Based on my experience with them I must assume the bashing came from a Baer employee...LOL.

Thanks for helping out!