Electrical Power window motor suggestions/ideas?

Lost power to the driver side window....was intermittent at times. And now she's about fully cooked. Glad she had just enough chooch left in her to go back up. I want to try just replacing the motor, as the regulators are pretty basic and I doubt that's what failed. Looking to you guys for maybe some part numbers, or websites to order one. I'd like to get as close to OEM as possible, with metal housings and metal gears, while being reasonably priced.

Found this. Anyone have any experience with these?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I got mine on Amazon its the cheapest I could find. Of coarse its made in China and a complete no name, but its been a couple of years and still working well. I think I paid 40 bucks. While I had it apart I did the plastic bushing that rides on the pole. I also cleaned up inside and greased it with silicone grease

It's not that common for those motors to completely fail. You might pull the cover off the motor and take a look; there are 3 plastic bushings inside that tend to wear out over time. Dorman makes replacement bushings (like $10-12 for a set at most parts stores). They're designed to sheer off if something gets stuck in the window (like a kid's arm or something), but eventually the get brittle and the motor breaks them.