powerdyne or procharger

BPA

Founding Member
Aug 5, 2000
S.F.
I want to get a supercharger but i have a few questions.Is the procharger much better than the powerdyne ? reliablity wise ? I dont think i would want to make more than 9pounds on eather. are both of them quite?what would the price dffrence be with all said and done. i like how both of these dont require taping into the engine oil but i need some feedback before i sink the cash into one. ive read posts on some powerdynes beaking and whatnot are the prochargers the same way? thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

i got a bunch of information and brochures from procharger. There stuff looks really nice. They say its super quiet and its self contained so it should be a simpler install. They also have a 36 month warrenty. The only other kit i would want to get other than procharger is kenne bell just because they rock

just reading in a post that someone is thinking about buying a powerdyne makes me think back to my experience with that piece of junk. getting it alligned was a nightmare, the brackets dont fit right, the tensioner is trash, the alternator needs to be relocated. the list goes on and on.....the blower was absolute crap. as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for". with all my experience with blowers on 94-95 mustangs, i would have to say that vortech is the only blower to go with. if you would like to see pics of my powerdyne headache, let me know.

i am going to go with the vortech sq unit. I got over having to tap a hole in the oil pan...lol I still dont like the idea of metal shavings posibley in my pan but no reason not to get a better proven blower. Sucks they dont make a aftercooler that will fit . I think im going to go with a snow performance injection deal if i up the boost.

BPA said:
i am going to go with the vortech sq unit. I got over having to tap a hole in the oil pan...lol I still dont like the idea of metal shavings posibley in my pan but no reason not to get a better proven blower. Sucks they dont make a aftercooler that will fit . I think im going to go with a snow performance injection deal if i up the boost.
good choice, you will not be dissapointed, but you should also look into the NOVI 2000. Great blower.

Green 94 5.0 said:
just reading in a post that someone is thinking about buying a powerdyne makes me think back to my experience with that piece of junk. getting it alligned was a nightmare, the brackets dont fit right, the tensioner is trash, the alternator needs to be relocated. the list goes on and on.....the blower was absolute crap. as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for". with all my experience with blowers on 94-95 mustangs, i would have to say that vortech is the only blower to go with. if you would like to see pics of my powerdyne headache, let me know.

Id be interested in seeing it. I almost bought a powerdyne.

DSC00612.JPG

DSC00613.JPG

DSC00614.JPG

DSC00615.JPG

DSC00616.JPG

DSC00617.JPG

check out my thread titled "powerdyne is in" i had absolutely NO fitament issues when installing my powerdyne. honestly it was easier to install than my h-pipe from jegs. install took about 10-12 hours. so it can be done in a day with the help of a buddy or two. for 2k (including fuel pump and fmu). you can't go wrong. those pictures look like the powerdyne is 5 years old. did u buy the kit used from someone? maybe he didn't inlclude all the parts? i dont have any detail pics of my install but there is nothing easier. whats wrong with moving the alternator? how hard is that? it tells you exactly how to move it and to where. its not hard at all. powerdyne= cheap horsepower, easy install. most of the people that bash powerdyne have never bought a NEW one and tried it themselves.

do i wish i save up 500 dollars for the vortech? NO

Mike

so what does the paxton novi 2000 have better than the vortech units? Im gonna buy the V this weekend. cant wait... The cobra kit looks like it makes 20 hp less than the Gt model. wtf's up with that. i think vortechs site said something like 320 hp. this sound right?car is bone stock exept for upper and lower control arms. What do you guys think that kinda power would net me in the 1/4?