Powersteering

GroverDill

GoldMember
Founding Member
Aug 18, 1999
Demotte IN 46310
So since I cant afford a FB AOD currently I am trying to add PS back to the car. I modded a towncar bracket and it sure looks like it will work.

mock up picture. I know it takes away from the looks of the bay but I really am sick of the manual rack.

IMG_37301_zps1413d418.jpg

Another view, I need to source a turnbuckle for tension on the top but it all mounts into place with little problem.
IMG_37291_zps5023ce27.jpg

Except the drain from the PS it is like uber close to the exhaust, the pic may not show the closeness. So anyone have any ideas?

IMG_37311_zps44f4b4b8.jpg

Once I get the bugs all worked out I will take it all apart and paint the brackets and clean it all up real nice like.

• Sponsors (?)

I second the march style alternator set up. you can adjust tension with that. As for the exhaust I am not sure how the heat would affect the return.

When I said turnbuckle, that is what I meant I may have used incorrect terms.

Anyhow point of no return now.

Old manual rack and shaft
IMG_37361_zps6319614a.jpg

New? ( Used 04 OEM Cobra Rack)
IMG_37371_zpsd653961c.jpg

Also the drain on the PS pump is the close one the high pressure line is not an issue ( I hope)
IMG_37311_zps44f4b4b8.jpg
Maybe it is easier to see in this picture.

If you have a Napa local they make high pressure lines and have lots of fittings to choose from some very low profile. I'd be worried about the PS tank being so close to the header even with a heat shield. Might want to look into an aftermarket PS pump with remote tank.

With the way that turbo kit is you really are limited for room.

As far as the turn buckle you can buy all the components from McMaster. com or if needed give me the length and I'll make you one ;)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

True...I can do the UPR setup for a good deal, make take some off in trade I need a bump steer for my own car? Hit me up with a price...

March p313 is one pump...I think they make a serp pulley

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Man seems nothing is easy with this thing anymore.

So with the MM K with the motor back 1" that rack barely fits. I will get some pictures tomorrow I got frustrated and just walked away.

I have read a 88-89 T-Bird turbo coupe pump is a remote set up and bolts to the stock bracket.

Last edited: