Premium sound in A 93 hatch

I'm not looking at a wiring diagram so take this for what its worth. If the fuses are all good it sounds to me that there is a break in the wire somewhere. I know that sounds obvious. If it was me I'd start checking continuity from the fuse block to the end of the radio harness. There are some great wiring diagrams on here that will help out. I'll look for one when I get to a computer.

It's just odd. I had a radio in it not that long ago and it worked fine. It's been in storage for a while now and nothing has changed, I tried both the amp wiring behind to radio to hook it up and the 2 flat L plugs along with hooking the flat L plugs into the flat rectangle plugs with amp unplugged and plugged in. Nothing. Maybe my radio is dead idk.. find it hard to believe as it's only 2 years old and has been sitting in storage inside the car..

• Sponsors (?)

Have you tried running a fused wire from either the fuse block or off the battery to supply power to radio? That would tell you if the radio was bad.

Here are a couple of pics of wiring diagrams that I found. They are for a 92 though.

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

Have you tried running a fused wire from either the fuse block or off the battery to supply power to radio? That would tell you if the radio was bad.

Here are a couple of pics of wiring diagrams that I found. They are for a 92 though.

IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG
I dont know what that means lol, I'm gonna go get some jumper cable ends or some clamps and put the red and yellow on the positive side of battery and the black on negative and see if it boots up if not maybe my radio is bad

Tested the radio using a car battery and connecting the yellow and red wire to positive and black to negative and nothing. Getting power through the harness as well.. maybe all along this was a bad radio. Still is under warranty.. damn sonys... imma get a kenwood maybe today and see if it works(betting it will)

Thats basically what I was suggesting you do. I was trying to tell you how to do in a way that would protect the radio from accidentally being able to draw to many amps through a direct connection to the battery.

This is what I meant by fused wire.

Fused wire.jpg

I've accidentally burned stuff up hooking it straight to the battery. ;)

At least now you know that the radio is the problem or at least part of the problem!

Reactions: 1 user
Thats basically what I was suggesting you do. I was trying to tell you how to do in a way that would protect the radio from accidentally being able to draw to many amps through a direct connection to the battery.

This is what I meant by fused wire.

Fused wire.jpg

I've accidentally burned stuff up hooking it straight to the battery. ;)

At least now you know that the radio is the problem or at least part of the problem!
Hopefully my kenwood I get is good. This radio hasn't booted up since I went overseas so who knows.. kinda pissed but it's still under warranty..

Wanted to give an update. Turns out the radio was bad, sony gave me a full refund and I went and bought a cheap kenwood radio. I used the two flat female plugs that went from the radio harness and plugged those into the two rectangle male plugs on the main body side and everything works!

So basically to sum it up on a a premium sound 93 car, just unplug the amp harness from the main body harness(should be two Male plugs that I used plugged into 2 female flat connectors, and bam, everything will work! Sound and all! Thanks for the help guys.

Reactions: 1 users