Prepping for FI

Hmdballa219

Aug 31, 2020
hobart, in
ok guys so I plan on going FI next season, I have had the car for about 1 month now, ran a best of 12.74 at track, driving it down there 45 mins away, and on radials. What I know about car from visual and what seller told me is,
-347 stroker
-holley carb (I beleive I looked up the numbers and it said it was a 650)
-Full suspension done for track
-c4 trans
-i just did the battery relocation to trunk area.
-victor jr intake

So I'm looking to go FI , think I have settled on this http://www.torqstorm.com/kits_single_small-block-ford.html
So my questions are,
1.what kind of carb is recommended?or should I keep my carb i have, and send it in to get it tweaked/opened up for blow through.?
2. Do I need a specific cam? If so which one? (The one in there now not much lope or choppy)
3.any other things I should check/know/buy before installing that and driving?
4. Also wanted to add snow kit https://sportcompactwarehouse.com/snow-20010-stage-2-boost-cooler any comments on that?

Thanks everyone in advance for help!

FB_IMG_1600683444426.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1600683448686.jpg
    FB_IMG_1600683448686.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20200904_155503.jpg
    20200904_155503.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

Balla, you might want to talk with some experts at a specialty carb shop & a custom cam guru. They will have many more questions to answer vs. the scant bit of information that you provided in this post before they can provide guidance to parts that will provide the extra performance that you are looking for with this change. You're spending big money to do this, the preferred goal is to do it right the first time. It's cheaper than doing it multiple times.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm ok, so basically, everyone that has this, or a similar set up went with custom items? There's no usual recommended, or favored items to go with all that?
Balla, you might want to talk with some experts at a specialty carb shop & a custom cam guru. They will have many more questions to answer vs. the scant bit of information that you provided in this post before they can provide guidance to parts that will provide the extra performance that you are looking for with this change. You're spending big money to do this, the preferred goal is to do it right the first time. It's cheaper than doing it multiple times.

Hmm ok, so basically, everyone that has this, or a similar set up went with custom items? There's no usual recommended, or favored items to go with all that?

There's hardly any carb guys on this forum. I don't think I have ever seen a blow through carb setup here in 20 years. There probably is a usual recommended setup, but you are unlikely to find that expertise on stangnet.

Kurt

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
There's hardly any carb guys on this forum. I don't think I have ever seen a blow through carb setup here in 20 years. There probably is a usual recommended setup, but you are unlikely to find that expertise on stangnet.

Kurt
Well that makes much more sense then, lol didn't know this. Any advice what kind of forums to go to for that? And for more carbed fox's?

FI does stand for forced induction which is what I assumed you meant .

CSU seems to be the preferred blow through carb . As far as a cam you could use any of the Anderson blower grinds or consult someone like Brian Freezy or bullet for a custom grind blower cam .

For the price of the torque storm kit I’d rather use a proven product like Vortech for close to the same money you could buy a entry level v3 setup