Pro 5.0 users

final5-0 said:
I don't have an answer to your Q's but since you asked for imput on the Pro 50 shifter I've been watching this thread to see if anyone would bring up a problem with the shifter transmitting driveline noise or causing other kinds of noise that the stock shifter does not.

I've heard or read this somewhere, is there any truth to it?

DRFT_STNG hoping to get more info *** not hijack your thread :nice:

Later
Grady

Because it takes away the rubber bushings it is a little more rugged feeling. I have heard about people getting the "jackhammer" effect but it can be solved with an upgrade to an aluminum driveshaft.

• Sponsors (?)

swingline said:
Because it takes away the rubber bushings it is a little more rugged feeling. I have heard about people getting the "jackhammer" effect but it can be solved with an upgrade to an aluminum driveshaft.

Mike

I'm just wondering :shrug:

Does this "jackhammer" effect make noise or not?

Later
Grady

I had a Pro 5.0 on my previous 94, and it was really nice. I wish the handle was more laid back (guess that's why everyone suggests the tri-ax handle). I'm 6'0", and the Pro 5.0 handle was a little stretch. Like I had to pull my right shoulder forward a bit to reach 1,3,5.

I got the B&M now on this 94. Not bad, good handle position. Pro 5.0 was more 'solid', perhaps that was just due to shorter throw.

If I had it to do again, I suppose that I'd go with the tri-ax, a little cheaper than the Pro 5.0 (IIRC) and you get the tri-ax handle with it (of course!).

As for NVH (noise, vibration, harshness), I didn't (and don't) have any problems with that.

Jackhammer??? Are you talking about the vibration that occurs from an out of balance driveshaft or worn U-joints? Never really noticed if an aftermarket shifter exaggerated that effect or not... :shrug:

Rick