Pro Charger Delivered

Old Skooler

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2012
Finally received my pro-charger Saturday , the order got screwed up and it came for EFI and the intake pipe wasn't polished. The local speed shop I ordered it from said the right pieces will be to me by weeks end.

New fuel system is in the garage all I need now is my Blow thru carb from C & S and I'm good for install. It's finally coming together and can't wait.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

My C &S carb has come in with my pre programmed 6al2 and the winter parts list is complete. So the big question is how hard is it to install a procharger? I'm not like a lot of people on this website, outside of minor bolt ins in the past this is the first car I have really worked or built.

Reading through this I think I can do it but with such a large investment between more, super charger etc I'm thinking I set up an install at the local speed shop. I have a good trusted guy that will knock this out of the park.

Opinions??

I wouldn't worry about taking it to shop if you're not comfortable. I definetly would have a "pro" tune it. When I contacted a shop about doing one a year or so ago they quoted me around 900$ for installation. I was going to use a used Vortech kit and didn't have any instructions. It looked fairly straight forward and was going to do it myself but didn't purchase the blower.

The beauty of using C & S Specialties is the carb comes bench tested and tuned, they also set up the 6al2 with ignition and timing for my are up. A buddy of mine went through them when he installed his turbo and the set up was almost spot on right out if the box. He just needed some small tweaks on the dyno.. Anyone running a carb car should reach out to C & S, their customer service is awesome, knowledgable I'm honestly real happy with them.

Final tuning and maybe install for my car will be done by Realspeed on LI, NY. Again great group of guys.

@ 5literman that cost sounds about right, procharger estimates this should take 6-8 hours with "simple" hand tools

There's a guy in my area with a turbo fox blowing thru a c&l (c&s maybe?) carb making 900hp. He pulled the carb out of the box, dropped it on and it, too was spot on. When you have them spec a carb for you they are perfect when you get them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So I'm in, the speed shop happened to have a very light week in 2 weeks. I drop My car off on the 24th and I have a dyno tune session scheduled for the 31st. If the weather holds out and we still have no snow maybe I can enjoy this thing.

Given the struggles I've had with this I'm having them go through the car bumper to bumper, looking for any issue. I really hope to enjoy this car through an entire season for once.

Reactions: 1 users