Problems with the 6 Disc in my 02 GT

jefferz

Oct 21, 2004
Spokane, WA
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with the 6 disc not ejecting CDs? I have begun to have that problem and it is getting really annoying. The only way to get a CD out is to use another one to push it down so it ejects. Anyone have any suggestions? I love the stock deck but now this is making me want to go aftermarket, unless I can fix it.

• Sponsors (?)

I had this problem in my '02 GT mostly with like burned cds or cds with thick labels, but on my '03 Mach I haven't had the problem, good luck. My only suggestion is maybe try upgrading to a Mach 1 that fixed my problem. :p

CatmanJJ said:
I had this problem in my '02 GT mostly with like burned cds or cds with thick labels, but on my '03 Mach I haven't had the problem, good luck. My only suggestion is maybe try upgrading to a Mach 1 that fixed my problem. :p

lol I think that might be a little more expensive than taking it to the dealer to get it fixed lol!! but it might be a good idea someday.

oh2gt said:
sorry about that, i dont have an imagination and 02GT was taken, lol

No I thought it was cool that I wasnt the only one to come up with that.

helty said:
I took mine to the dealer under warranty and they fixed it. Have not had a problem since.

The only problem with that is that my car isn't under warranty. I am the second owner and the person who had the car for me barely drove it but I couldnt get the Certified Pre Owned warranty for some reason? My car had 14,000 on it when I got it but it wasnt under the original warranty anymore so I figured thats why I cant get the CPO warranty. I thought bout taking my mom's out of her 04 Mustang and putting mine in her car and taking it to the dealership but I have a funny feeling they might find out? :shrug: lol

Mustang5L5 said:
Mine does it now and then.

WHat i do is keep an index card in my console. If i eject a CD and it gets stuck, i put the index card on top and it comes right out.

i do the same. the problem comes and goes. it did it alot when i first got it, then i threatened the deck that i would be replacing it, then it stopped. then after i got the car back from the shop(they mustve reset the battery), it did it for about a month, and its fine now.

After reading this post yesterday mine took a *****!! It wont read cd's anymore it says ''bad cd'' for every disc and Ive had that getting stuck problem ever since I got the car almost 3years ago! stupid ford...my brothers explorer and expedition also have the ejection problem.

jefferz said:
The only problem with that is that my car isn't under warranty. I am the second owner and the person who had the car for me barely drove it but I couldnt get the Certified Pre Owned warranty for some reason? My car had 14,000 on it when I got it but it wasnt under the original warranty anymore so I figured thats why I cant get the CPO warranty. I thought bout taking my mom's out of her 04 Mustang and putting mine in her car and taking it to the dealership but I have a funny feeling they might find out? :shrug: lol
thats weird. Im the 2nd owner of my car and I still got the remainder of the manufacturers warranty. Car had 22k when I got it, and 28k when the problem started. They fixed it free of charge :shrug:

I will probably take it to the Ford Dealer that I bought the car from and see what they can do. If they are going to charge me an arm and a leg I will probably just get something different. I think the 6 disc is the only thing that really looks good in that spot? I'm not sure what I am going to do yet.

I had this same problem, eventually it will keep the cd in and you won't be able to do anything but listen to the radio. Simple fix, pop the dash off down by the gearshift, pull the screws on the radio, pull it out, unplug it, wait a minute, plug it back in so it resets itself. Problem solved.

temp and humidity play a roll in it as well. Dusty CD's can also cause the problem. I suggest you clean your cd's well before you stick em in.

I've had the same 6 cd's in my car for the last 2 months, so i need to check if it's doing it again. I have sirius sat in my car so most of the time i listen to that.

Sirius > CD > FM > AM

If you have some technical skills, take out the radio and remove the front face on the radio. Clean the rubber roller that pulls in/pushes out the CD with rubbing alcahol. Your radio should work untill it gets all gummed up again.