Product review request on adj uppers

• Sponsors (?)

I've been eyeballing Steedas, but then I came across these made by...UMI :scratch:

Y'all know anything about these?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/UPI-1018-R/?rtype=10
Those things look good,....Ya think they're Chinese?

You're gonna put those on the green car? (not being a smart ass) What do you gain by being able to adjust the pinion angle on a street car?
Just for my info,...I always gotta look for reasons to spend more money,...169.00 is my bi-weekly bar tab, so it's in my ball park of justifiable if you can substantiate the reason for owning them, I'll buy them.

Those things look good,....Ya think they're Chinese?

You're gonna put those on the green car? (not being a smart ass) What do you gain by being able to adjust the pinion angle on a street car?
Just for my info,...I always gotta look for reasons to spend more money,...169.00 is my bi-weekly bar tab, so it's in my ball park of justifiable if you can substantiate the reason for owning them, I'll buy them.

Never heard of them, don't know who makes them.:shrug: Naw, man I've been fiddling with this car trying to get a vibration out of it. Balanced the wheels, checked the tires all out, I've replaced the driveshaft with another stocker I had and that didn't get it... So before I break off $300 on a new Frpp aluminum drive shaft I'm going to correct the pinion angle. The car's lowered and the pinion angle is out of whack, and it's telling me about it at about 65mph and up. I'd like to have the aluminum unit, but I don't think that's what's causing it.

I've been looking at used parts on corral, but every body wants $20 under list price for used junk over there. I pm'd a guy yesterday trying to explain how he was too proud of his junk and of course got told to eff off, LOL..

Probably will buy Steeda unless I find out more about these Chinee sweeties!

If anybody has input on ANY double adjustable uppers they've used I'd like to hear it before I buy.. Thanks in advance!

I've got the UPR adjustable lowers and uppers with solid bushings. I like them a lot. The ride on them doesnt feel any different then stock, and I lowered my 60' from 1.85 to 1.7. Didnt actually adjust them, the lowers I kept same length as stock and I made the uppers a tad bit shorter than stock. Not sure if this helps, my goal in changing the control arms was getting better traction not to reduce vibrations.

I've got the UPR adjustable lowers and uppers with solid bushings. I like them a lot. The ride on them doesnt feel any different then stock, and I lowered my 60' from 1.85 to 1.7. Didnt actually adjust them, the lowers I kept same length as stock and I made the uppers a tad bit shorter than stock. Not sure if this helps, my goal in changing the control arms was getting better traction not to reduce vibrations.

Thanks for that input. Did you notice a difference in noise?

lol I've got long tubes headers, o/r xpipe, and dynomax bullets, my car makes a lot of noise. I couldn't tell the difference in noise from the suspension, but then again the exhaust, or lack there of, drowns out everything else.

Kinda what I figured, haha. I've owned that car before I think..:rlaugh:

Seriously, I had a drag car with all spherical bushings and it was like a sherman tank. This car has exhaust, but I still want to roll the windows up , turn on the A/C and talk to my wife while driving. Solid bushings are going to yield to poly this time..

Kinda what I figured, haha. I've owned that car before I think..:rlaugh:

Seriously, I had a drag car with all spherical bushings and it was like a sherman tank. This car has exhaust, but I still want to roll the windows up , turn on the A/C and talk to my wife while driving. Solid bushings are going to yield to poly this time..

I have to wonder about mine. My car is quieter than most I assume. The rearend noise is louder than what I have ever experienced before. Gotta wonder what (if any) the rear suspension is adding to that,....not solid, but poly and boxed. :shrug:

I have to wonder about mine. My car is quieter than most I assume. The rearend noise is louder than what I have ever experienced before. Gotta wonder what (if any) the rear suspension is adding to that,....not solid, but poly and boxed. :shrug:

Eh, I could see where a more solid or ridgid control arm would transfer more noise, but I would think those poly bushings would still dampen it. Poly is stiffer than the stock ones, but it ain't steel. Only way to know for sure is a before/after road test I guess. I suppose you boxed 'em before you drove it, huh?

Not sure if it's any help, but my car did the same thing @ 70ish mph (speedo inop) and I was running an aluminum DS before I pulled it off the road in February. I had no idea what it was, but this makes since about pinion angle being waaay off due to hacked off springs.

LOL...just put the aluminum driveshaft on it like everyone else who's solved the higher-gears-vibration problem and be done with it. Otherwise you'll spend $469 fixing a $300 problem, because you're going to end up with the DS anyway.

LOL...just put the aluminum driveshaft on it like everyone else who's solved the higher-gears-vibration problem and be done with it. Otherwise you'll spend $469 fixing a $300 problem, because you're going to end up with the DS anyway.

Funny you say that, this is a really old thread somebody dug up. I've got Steeda d/a uppers now, and the alum d/s...:shrug:

I put adjustable rear upper control arms, with poly bushings, on my 89 Mustang, and did not notice any appreciable road noise from them. I had moved the rear axle forward 1.5" (extended the rear axle mounting brackets, and re-drilled the mounting holes 1.5" rearward and 2" downward on the axle brackets), and the adjustable arms allowed me to properly correct the pinion angle.

Let me know if I can help you with the Steedas. :)

They're already installed and doing fine. I liked that they came with poly bushings for BOTH ENDS of the control arm, which the other brands DO NOT. Add that to the free shipping I got and it was a better deal, really.:shrug:

Reactions: 1 user