Progress Thread Project Pale Horse

• Thread starter Deleted member 215073
  • Start date
  • Sponsors (?)

I think I got the vacuum leak fixed, found a vacuum cap that was broken. I also went over the vacuum lines according to the diagram that jrichker posts to look for more potential leaks. The large port in the front is capped off, and so are the smog controls.

Snap throttle response is better, there's still just the slightest hesitation on the snap. Tip in hesitation is nonexistent now.

Reactions: 1 user
I bought an HVAC control panel used from a guy on Corral. I thought it would come with the blend door controls and the vent controls. It didn't, so where can I get those? The vent control doesn't have any detents anymore, it just moves and is very sloppy.

The part or parts that are behind the HVAC controls.

IMAG0181_zpstg8sloht.jpg

IMAG0182_zps1d6q7dvl.jpg

Ahh.

To be honest, if I were buying that hvac setup I would expect those parts to come with. When I bought a 90-93 set on eBay, they were included.

You'll have to find another unit to get the parts from. Unsure if the 87-89 years are compatible in terms of those parts on the back.

IMG_0873.JPG
Correct, and the bolt pattern is different so they won't work in 90-93 dashes, but the parts in the backside could be compatible.

Look at your pics, I think the black parts on the rear are compatible

Found this hood on Craigslist for $50. It's off of a 1992. I don't have it in my possession yet, and a friend is picking it up for me. It's about 55 miles away in Greeley, CO. Looks very straight and is in far better condition than the hood on my car. Hopefully it fits better too.

PART951491164525618_zpseircppjz.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Picked up the hood yesterday. The guy was really cool, he even threw in a passenger side skirt for free:banana:. Turns out he was parting out a car, and the hood and side skirt were all he had left :dammit:. The hood is in amazing shape, I think I can get away with sanding and painting it white when the car gets repainted.

IMAG0187_zpst7tktkk2.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I was tinkering around today on the car, and decided to look in the oil filler cap. What do I see? ROLLER ROCKERS!!!! From what I could see, they look like Ford Racing rockers. They're silver, and look like this...

M-6564-A351_zpsyqq1cdle.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder what's been done to the engine. It has Hooker equal length shorty's, roller rockers, the timing cover is for a carbureted engine, the engine is black and valve covers are blue. I'm not sure the heads are stock E7TE's.

Here is a picture of a casting mark on the corner of the head where one would normally see "GT" or "P". Instead I see what looks like "12". Please ignore the Fram filter, it was there when I bought the car. I have a Motorcraft filter for it on the shelf.

IMAG0185_zpsedbne7yq.jpg

No progress on the car in a while. My mom passed away last month, had her memorial last weekend, and I need to give my trusty 2000 Ford Ranger with 235k miles some TLC.

Ordered front and rear brake rotors/drums, pads/shoes, rear brake hardware kit, L/F ABS sensor, upstream O2 sensors (slow response codes and they're original), trans filter, pan gasket, and dipstick tube O-ring (leaking).

While I was at it, I also ordered new O2 sensors for the Mustang. Forgot the motor mounts though. Also still planning on floor pan repairs, torque box reinforcements, and subframe connectors this summer.

Reactions: 2 users
Crap brother, sorry about your mom. I lost mine 22 years ago, it was really hard.

I'm not much of a Christian, but I'll offer my prayers for you and your family.

Let yourself get steady, then worry about you mustang.

Thanks guys. It's been a rough one. My dad is lost without her, they would have been married 50 years on August. She was only 68 when she passed. She is deeply missed by my family.

Reactions: 1 user