Proof that Ron Francis wiring horrible

Ok I have been fighting a nightmare for two years. Ron Francis wiring Cobra 75 . It is very near impossible to screw up the maf wiring. They have the wires completely backwards. I am not happy other than this POS is no longer a part of my car. I bought a used Ford in great condition and I checked all the circuits. All were fine I recovered it and am putting the new reworked ford I now. You can't plug your clip in but one way. So I busted you Scott Bowers! Arrogant, can't be wrong cause you wire them yourself ! You need to find something to do for Yugo.

• Sponsors (?)

If you go look at the reviews for RF they are pretty good but this is one instance were it appears the harness is just fubar. Sad as I have a couple of the accessory harnesses for my Coupe from RF and they are spot on.

Reactions: 1 user
I get it though, there are times where a supplier screws up and needs to be given the chance to make it right. *IF* they fail there and are unwilling to make it right, they need to be publicly shamed. I don't have a problem with this, nor have I ever bought or engaged with RF products at all.

That said, the OP's behavior of creating multiple threads seems........... off. I dunno, I get that you're mad dude, I really do, but at the end of the day as you lay in your bed trying to go to sleep, if you're still mad about this ask yourself this question. "Who is harmed by how I feel, me or RF?" That anger is only going to eat you up, you've done your part, all that you can. You posted your review (more than once on this site) and we appreciate the feedback and the plight, but c'mon... either move on, fix the BS, or give up as it really seems to be bothering you and that's not good for your happiness.

Reactions: 1 users
If you go look at the reviews for RF they are pretty good but this is one instance were it appears the harness is just fubar. Sad as I have a couple of the accessory harnesses for my Coupe from RF and they are spot on.
Truly I'm over it but this is not the only instance. I started to doubt it because of a group of five engineers that all have far more electrical knowledge than I have lol. I'm just glad I caught it. It's a hard thing to catch and it caused me being fair , at least a year and a half parked. I'm really not one to complain often. The tech was truly rude and confident I was at fault. It got under my skin. I was chasing a ghost. And it came down to never trusting the car ever again with claims made. They grounded the entire injector harness thru one ground. I know enough to know the ecu needs a clean dedicated ground.
I'll shut up about it now . Lol I promise.

I get it though, there are times where a supplier screws up and needs to be given the chance to make it right. *IF* they fail there and are unwilling to make it right, they need to be publicly shamed. I don't have a problem with this, nor have I ever bought or engaged with RF products at all.

That said, the OP's behavior of creating multiple threads seems........... off. I dunno, I get that you're mad dude, I really do, but at the end of the day as you lay in your bed trying to go to sleep, if you're still mad about this ask yourself this question. "Who is harmed by how I feel, me or RF?" That anger is only going to eat you up, you've done your part, all that you can. You posted your review (more than once on this site) and we appreciate the feedback and the plight, but c'mon... either move on, fix the BS, or give up as it really seems to be bothering you and that's not good for your happiness.
I'm not trying to be combative. Yet I tried calling I was treated like ...not good business. Was passed the tech who I'm not going to mention , as I said I'm done with it. Giving the vendor a second chance was returned with who sold it to you? Ok I'll call the company of purchase. And unless you have done one you may not see that whoever sold it to me , in factory box there were no instructions in how to eliminate this and place this with a. I've seen updated ones from them with diagrams and explicit instructions or have a tech line where one man is really overloaded in production , quality control, distribution and after care. Sorry but the service lacked . I'm glad it's out of my car. I'm happy now. I asked no refund at this time. It's pointless

Two main mopar suppliers of factory style wiring harnesses.... One sells through Year One, the other is a smaller company that sells direct..
The smaller company is really good people but a new hire mis wired two wires in some harnesses that went out and like what yours sounds like, made life hell for the people trying to get their cars on the road...
Nobody likes it when this happens.....

Soooooooooo.... What exactly is wrong with the harness? Bad wire? Bad connectors? Bad solder?

I came in here for "proof".

1671421158500.png

Yes this is me. At any point did I say they were offering it for free they said they'd double QC one and send it to me after I paid for it refund pending examination of wiring harness. They were less than learned at pleasing their customers.so let me get this right? You ... would install a harness. Try to get it to run , fail multiple times , then you would buy another harness , pull the harness , pay to send it back and wait for their approval.maybe get my money for one back.AND THEN IM STILL STUCK WITH A CRAP HARNESS ? One that.others have had multiple stranding problems? How far do you feel I should go.ivevhit my limit. And am doing fine with a used from donor Aod car .

Yes this is me. At any point did I say they were offering it for free they said they'd double QC one and send it to me after I paid for it refund pending examination of wiring harness. They were less than learned at pleasing their customers.so let me get this right? You ... would install a harness. Try to get it to run , fail multiple times , then you would buy another harness , pull the harness , pay to send it back and wait for their approval.maybe get my money for one back.AND THEN IM STILL STUCK WITH A CRAP HARNESS ? One that.others have had multiple stranding problems? How far do you feel I should go.ivevhit my limit. And am doing fine with a used from donor Aod car .
I’d take their offer to have it fixed. Things happen, if you won’t let the manufacturer right their wrong if they’re trying to, then hop on here and talk a bunch of :poo: it makes you look like a crybaby.

I’m sure they don’t put harness together just to have them come back. Literally no business model works that way. Shoot maybe they would refund you a portion of the purchase price for time wasted. I’ve had parts fail that are brand new, if the company sacks up and fixes it I’m all good.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I have replaced several harnesses over the years using expensive Ford harnesses
Ford makes about twenty different ones for Mustangs
Sometimes you cannot get the correct one even a year after the car was built
A correct diagram is the key and matching it up is the ticket
A harness has to be in pretty bad shape to justify replacement
Not to beat Fords drum but good luck with aftermarket junk

I have replaced several harnesses over the years using expensive Ford harnesses
Ford makes about twenty different ones for Mustangs
Sometimes you cannot get the correct one even a year after the car was built
A correct diagram is the key and matching it up is the ticket
A harness has to be in pretty bad shape to justify replacement
Not to beat Fords drum but good luck with aftermarket junk
Tell me, would you say it safe to say it's expected that you receive a wiring diagram for product you buy and a diagram for what you are connecting it to as well as what is appropriate parts of the existing harness you can delete? I got nothing. When asked after seeing one in a photo of another customer I asked if I could get one. Nope we don't have any,?. Three strikes you're out.i agree with all you said too.

Reactions: 1 user