• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

pulled engine today and it's dead!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter tvmango
  • Start date Start date Dec 22, 2003

tvmango

New Member
Oct 27, 2003
667
0
0
bradenton florida
Dec 22, 2003
#1
  • Dec 22, 2003
  • #1
I pulled the engine and trans today, I was going to ring it and bearings, before adding all the stuff in signature. when I went to put the engine stand on I noticed one of the ears on the block that bolts to the tranny was gone.. been that way for a while, the way all the crap was around it..
What do i do now??? I would take a picture but can't put it online.
I can't trust this.. can I??
If not what engine do you recommend, a 306, 331, or 347? And from who?
I know the last time I was asking about strockers alot of people said chp was good, dss was good, I
I'm just looking for the best value for the money.. Thanks guys
 

tvmango

New Member
Oct 27, 2003
667
0
0
bradenton florida
Dec 22, 2003
#2
  • Dec 22, 2003
  • #2
I just checked out blocks,, holy crap!!! 2300.00 for a chp, and 2500.00 for a dss,,331.. i'm going to throw up now!
 

QDRHRSE

New Member
Dec 31, 2002
1,590
0
0
Palmdale, CA
Dec 22, 2003
#3
  • Dec 22, 2003
  • #3
don't sweat it....

tvmango said:
I just checked out blocks,, holy crap!!! 2300.00 for a chp, and 2500.00 for a dss,,331.. i'm going to throw up now!
Click to expand...


I think a stock block with a main girdle will be more than sufficient for what your doing. Aren't the FMS sports main blocks under 1K???
 

tvmango

New Member
Oct 27, 2003
667
0
0
bradenton florida
Dec 22, 2003
#4
  • Dec 22, 2003
  • #4
QDRHRSE said:
I think a stock block with a main girdle will be more than sufficient for what your doing. Aren't the FMS sports main blocks under 1K???
Click to expand...
sorry I meant to type short block..
 

tvmango

New Member
Oct 27, 2003
667
0
0
bradenton florida
Dec 22, 2003
#5
  • Dec 22, 2003
  • #5
i am so freakin bummed!!
 

cardudeusa

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
1,744
5
48
Home of the Florida Gators!
Dec 22, 2003
#6
  • Dec 22, 2003
  • #6
I pulled my engine today also, but I already knew it was dead. Theres no way a new peice could be made/ welded back on?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
552
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
361
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Motor given to me and I’d like to rebuild it what do I need to do
  • Creomod
  • Dec 14, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
443
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Dec 16, 2024
AeroCoupe
Progress Thread Progress Thread- From6to8's 1994 Cobra Supercharger install
  • from6to8
  • Sep 25, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 20 21 22
Replies
420
Views
11K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 6, 2026
from6to8
K
TKX Transmission Shifting Problem
  • KWC156
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Other Auto Tech
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
3K
Other Auto Tech Jun 13, 2026
427nostang
4
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?