Pulley misalignment

Shopteach

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Apr 11, 2003
Berryton, KS
I have an '05 Mustang 4.0 V6 with 37,000 miles on it. This was my son's car that we purchased for him when he graduated from the Police Academy. He was killed in the line of duty in 2012 and we decided to keep the car but be rarely drive it. Recently we took it out for a drive and noticed a noise under the hood which turned out to be the serpentine belt. I replaced the belt, started the car but it was making squeaking noise. Upon further inspection I fine the pulleys do not line up with the crank pulley. Any idea what is going on?
pulleys.png

• Sponsors (?)

remote diagnosos is not easy, pic can help (or confuse).
Before coment I'd say "a parent should never loose a child it's supposed to B the other way round". The sudden and violent way is even worse. I DO
honor him for is chosen line of work. It is socially giving as much as some dont see that. I'm sorry this happened to you (and to him). I hope 12 yrs is not to late to say "speedy recovery" and imagine things are a good bit better for U (his mom?) now~

Brackets can B loose, water pump can B destroying itself, yes dampners DO slip but at much higher mileage (usually), there may B an idler in there that also should not be 'off' at these few mi.

Have U found/seen/solved the problem?