Fuel Purge canister question

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
Fix'n some vacuum problems on the Cobra Intake.
Background, bought a 95 cobra vert from another member with a massive vacuum leak, and other issues I 'll cover in my thread in gen talk but I have a question about the lines pertaining to the purge canister right now, replaced that vacuum line from the intake to the solenoid to the canister (I think I know why the stuck it inside the fenderwell, more on that later), line from tank is good, new line from intake/solenoid. There is two nipples that are T'd together then runs toward the front, down to and stops at the frame pointing towards the engine compartment.
Is this just a vent? It shows no sign of ever having a hose connected.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, the big hose towards the front is just a vent to get the stank farther away from the cabin. I included a diagram, and a near worthless picture.

Kurt

Attachments

• Charcoal Cannister.gif
    Charcoal Cannister.gif
    36.3 KB · Views: 161
  • charcoal cannister.jpg
    charcoal cannister.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 160
I found that out, that's why I posted the question. Even the Alldata info was not clear.
The plastic part of the dash is trashed, I have another dash so can I remove and replace just the plastic cover or do I need to pull the whole dash out? I have not looked for any info on it yet, I need to see if the ac works first.

I found that out, that's why I posted the question. Even the Alldata info was not clear.
The plastic part of the dash is trashed, I have another dash so can I remove and replace just the plastic cover or do I need to pull the whole dash out? I have not looked for any info on it yet, I need to see if the ac works first.

The only reason I know is because when the Cobra came back from the body shop, they routed that line into the engine bay. I had never seen it, nor noticed it before, knew it didn't go there, and we had to figure out where it went.

I"m pretty sure the dash has to come out to get all the plastic off. Look at the back of your spare dash and see how it's all attached. Thing weighs a ton. I have often wondered if it was possible to replace all that metal with something else to get the weight down.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
I remember it weighed a sht ton when I moved it to storage. I'll be digging it out next week.
Right now looking for a replacement egr tube and the plastic pins for the bumper cover and inner fender shield. Also need the air dam under the radiator.

Steve (@a91what ) put a ranger air dam on his fox, it appears the placement on my 95 looks the same as a fox, I'll know more tomorrow when I pull one from the fox parts car I have. The ranger air dam is a little longer.

Yeah, I'd like to know to. Shoot me the info if you get it.

Kurt