putting a turbo engine in my stang

slow2.3

Apr 15, 2004
Can I put the probe gt 2.2 turbo engine in my mustang or am I better off trying to find a 2.3t. Seems like I can get a probe gt engine for a lot cheaper than a turbo coupe. If anyone in michigan has an engine for sale let me know.

slow2.3

• Sponsors (?)

slow2.3 said:
Can I put the probe gt 2.2 turbo engine in my mustang or am I better off trying to find a 2.3t. Seems like I can get a probe gt engine for a lot cheaper than a turbo coupe. If anyone in michigan has an engine for sale let me know.

slow2.3

I am certainly not an engine expert, but I would think that swapping an engine from the front wheel drive Probe into the rear wheel drive Mustang configuration would require a lot of customization and fabrication; motor mounts, transmission, etc. The 2.3 Turbo engine would be a much easier and straight forward swap. Of course, I've not done the swap yet, but will soon :D

WES

01pony is correct, its a fwd vehicle, not to mention there is a reason the 2.2 probes inhabit the junkyards very often. Steer clear of that fabricaton, go with the 2.3turbo swap, easier, straighforward....and alot more help ! besides i dont think they make aftermarket "2.2" eblems ;)