Putting factory F I back on

You could say the same about factory fuel injection as well. It's impossible to find a good ECU these days to the point where folks send out their old ECU' for refurbishment. Wiring is becoming brittle and sometimes the insulation cracks. These harnesses can be repaired, but most folks are not comfortable enough with electrical stuff in general.

An ECU and 91 harness might set him back $500-600 or more if he also needs to add an O2 harness, a injector harness or any other necessary wiring. Then they need to be gone through to make sure the wiring/insulation is good and possibly proactively send the ECU out for repair.

At the end of the day, $1200 for an aftermarket ECU might seem like a good deal. New wiring, new ECU and a growing support community. I've heard good things about the Holly EFI setups. Easy to install and get a vehicle running with them.

If this is a stock, or near stock car, i would go the factory EFI wiring and ECU route. However, I make that statement as someone who is very good at wiring.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

At my local yard I could have the processor and harness for around 100.00
However I already checked and they only have a 94 presently
Corvette parts are the same at the wrecking yard
Last time I was down there and got a Corvette intake a guy said he was going to get it if I didn't
I do not see much trouble with processors around here maybe it's cold enough to not cook the caps
Replaced only two in my life that actually fixed the problem
That said I do think my van processor has issues with the ignition timing pip signal
I have heard good things about the new holley system but have not seen a car run real well on one yet!

If you can get the harness and ECU for $100, buy as many as you can.

I typically see the 87-93 harnesses selling for $200+ and the ECU in the $300+ range. It's just nuts with the factory EFI stuff sells for.

A sorry arse friend of mine has a 69 Corvette that was all stock and he bought brand new
His wife would never let him do anything to the car and then died suddenly a few years ago
He went hog wild and did a bunch of body mods and rebuilt the whole thing 90k worth
Holley injection the works in the motor
Sounds bad but does not run as well as it did with a Rochester on it

So you put Holley EFI on it and it breaks down in 15 years
Who supports or is gonna fix it? You?
If it hits the dealer or a reputable shop they will want to start over at that point
Might just as well go factory right now and skip the aftermarket
25 years ago when the holly efi came out they were turds
I realize they are much better now but they are still not for me
It's like having aftermarket cruise on your car
If anything happens you need a whole new kit because individual parts are not available

Who cares what happens in 15 years, society feeds on instant gratification,
I have had a Holley HP the ecu on my car since 2017 before they made a fox specific kit , before the terminator x stuff . They have been around in Racing earlier then that and I have used them then .
Talking about what is currently out vs 15 years from now - It’s supposed nationwide if not world wide . Try finding good motorcraft dist these days among the rest of the factory efi stuff . I’ll be doing another install here soon . That will make number 4 for people I know . I’ve gotten friends kits and they have installed them and I’ve done all the start up tunes .

My point is . I’ll bet you guys felt the same at the inception of fuel injection. Can’t knock what you haven’t used or tried .

A sorry arse friend of mine has a 69 Corvette that was all stock and he bought brand new
His wife would never let him do anything to the car and then died suddenly a few years ago
He went hog wild and did a bunch of body mods and rebuilt the whole thing 90k worth
Holley injection the works in the motor
Sounds bad but does not run as well as it did with a Rochester on it
It probably has a sniper for starters which suck 99 percent of the time . Any cfi style cars I convert we are using the term x 4150 stealth . It needs a tuner . Not a “ tunes itself “ unit . Holley needs to drop that gimmick . It has ability to trim fuel , just way faster and more efficient then a factory ecu . The tune needs to be good to start with . Otherwise junk in - junk out . That’s any stand alone or efi system for that matter

I have had a Holley HP the ecu on my car since 2017 before they made a fox specific kit , before the terminator x stuff . They have been around in Racing earlier then that and I have used them then .
Talking about what is currently out vs 15 years from now - It’s supposed nationwide if not world wide . Try finding good motorcraft dist these days among the rest of the factory efi stuff . I’ll be doing another install here soon . That will make number 4 for people I know . I’ve gotten friends kits and they have installed them and I’ve done all the start up tunes .

My point is . I’ll bet you guys felt the same at the inception of fuel injection. Can’t knock what you haven’t used or tried .
Don't include me in the knocking them seats, involved in one install on an old brand x restomod and the guy always had trouble with it, after bringing it back to the shop about 6 times we found out he was disconnecting the battery when he was not driving it and it would loose the tuning parameters, it worked great after that.

Don't include me in the knocking them seats, involved in one install on an old brand x restomod and the guy always had trouble with it, after bringing it back to the shop about 6 times we found out he was disconnecting the battery when he was not driving it and it would loose the tuning parameters, it worked great after that.
Shouldn’t reset the tuning parameters. I shut my battery off every time I drive the car .

That's what I understood so I called one of the guys from the shop and he told me they had to send the ecu back to Holley and they sent another one out, they asked if it was possible they dropped the ecu or if the shipping box showed damage. There was no hesitation with sending another one out, he said customer service was great.
The car owner never drives the car and he never heard of anymore problems.

Holley EFI sucks...Its not smart at all and you have to manually add everything in and make sure your sensors are always reading right by always verifying the ohms settings...

I had sensors fail for no reason and thats because the system has no flyback protection so the sensors take most of the stungun blast..

They say Holley is a smart system and won't run with thats not compatible yet I got sent 120lb injectors in a 36lb box installed them and my engine ran but it also didnt run good..

Another thing is if you don't use the TFI module distrubutor you change your system from Sequential Fuel Injection to batch fire...

I called Holley for an answer as to why their system ran low impedience injectors when their manual says it will not and they hung up.....

Awesome customer service............NOT! Stay away from Holley their words are tainted so are their guarantees!

Screenshot 2021-05-16 123315.png

Screenshot 2022-05-07 130808.jpg

IMG_20210516_124558512_HDR.jpg

Screenshot 2022-05-07 130957.jpg

I'd also stray away from Ron Francis Wiring & The Detail Zone...I'e also found out Ron Francis also bought out Painless too....

For all the headaches youre gonna have I'd buy a donor car and piece it out..........

Good Luck

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-10 201032.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-10 201032.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot 2021-01-11 205425.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-11 205425.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 2021-01-11 205456.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-11 205456.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 20
This is how shady Scott Bowers and Ron Francis is...The man is violating the Clayton and Sherman acts aswell as an antitrust violator...LOL

How can 1 writer work for so many rags and print the same story in them all and NO-One notices;- except me....LOL

Screenshot 2022-05-07 133320.jpg
Screenshot 2022-05-07 133240.jpg
Screenshot 2022-05-07 133200.jpg
Screenshot 2022-05-07 132743.jpg

Holley EFI sucks...Its not smart at all and you have to manually add everything in and make sure your sensors are always reading right by always verifying the ohms settings...

I had sensors fail for no reason and thats because the system has no flyback protection so the sensors take most of the stungun blast..

They say Holley is a smart system and won't run with thats not compatible yet I got sent 120lb injectors in a 36lb box installed them and my engine ran but it also didnt run good..

Another thing is if you don't use the TFI module distrubutor you change your system from Sequential Fuel Injection to batch fire...

I called Holley for an answer as to why their system ran low impedience injectors when their manual says it will not and they hung up.....

Awesome customer service............NOT! Stay away from Holley their words are tainted so are their guarantees!

Screenshot 2021-05-16 123315.png

Screenshot 2022-05-07 130808.jpg

IMG_20210516_124558512_HDR.jpg

Screenshot 2022-05-07 130957.jpg

I'd also stray away from Ron Francis Wiring & The Detail Zone...I'e also found out Ron Francis also bought out Painless too....

For all the headaches youre gonna have I'd buy a donor car and piece it out..........

Good Luck
It’s not marketed correctly is what it is . The system is awesome , you must know what you’re getting into with a stand-alone . You’re wrong on the tfi being the only full sequential ignition setup for starters . Custo sucks no doubt . The system is so widely supported I have NEVER since 2017 called Holley with one question . I have installed and used it on cars that make 400hp to 1600hp. 158 mph in the 1/8mi . System does just fine .

You were expecting something plug and play because that’s how they market it . When infact it isn’t . Takes a little work like any other standalone does. Once you’re rocking you’re rocking and rolling. Whatever you have going on with sensors and fly back sounds very self inflicted . Whatever sensors you use if you don’t use the common ones in the drop down yes you need to scale them - again like any other standalone .

I have run this thing since 2017 before there was even a actual mustang kit .