putting motor/tranny back in car.. few clutch questions

notguilty411

Apr 27, 2005
getting ready to drop motor and tranny back in my car, (88 gt).. i just bought a FRP king cobra clutch that came with the PP and throwout bearing.. the instructions say to replace the pilot bearing as well.. would that be correct? and also i know i need a new cable.. would i be better to go with an adjustable cable or just get an oem one and possibly a firewall adjuster??

and what should i go with? any brands to stay away from?

also is there anything else i need to replace?

the tranny has been sitting out of the car for about a year now and once its back in i dont want to have to pull it out again to replace something i should have before.. so what do u guys reccomend?

• Sponsors (?)

Do replace the old pilot bearing. Avoid any pilot bearing made in China. A "China Cheapie" pilot bearing failed & cost me a new input shaft for my Tremec 3550 & 3 days of work to fix it.

Do the bearing right like he said. On the cable, most of the aftermarket adjustable one stretch or break easily, if you go that route, get a good/well know one, not an ebay junker. If you go nonadjustable, nothing beats a stock ford one strength wise.

alright.. ill pick up a pilot bearing and oem cable tomorrow.. lucky me i work at a ford dealership and get pretty descent deals on oem parts...

how much should i expect to pay for a decsent firewall adjuster and quadrant??

any thing else i should consider replacing?