Question About Double Shocks On Rear

USCGunner

Jun 10, 2017
Idaho
Ok this is my First Mustang as I said earlier I have always been a MOPAR guy. So my question is why are there two shocks on the rear? My MOPARs were all heavier and had more horse power, just curious. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

They are the quad shocks for stability of the rear end. They are usually disguarded after rare control arm upgrades. This topic has been talked to death and google has way more info than me

Put the quad shocks back on if you took them off or don’t have them installed.

The quad shocks are a roll of the dice. No matter what the combination of tires, control arms and shocks, some cars will wheel hop without quad shocks and some won't. There are so many variables in 38-18 year old cars with wear, misalignment and combinations of suspension components and tires that one unchanging answer won't work for everyone.

I personally would install them, and make sure they are in good shape. I do know this, that Ford is cheap. If they could have made changes in some simple component like bushings or control arm construction and saved $10, they would have done it. Multiply $10 times all the Fox body Mustangs ever made and you would be almost as rich as Donald Trump. That's a lot of $$$, and good incentive to engineer something to do away with the quad shocks.

Reactions: 1 user