Question about HID'S (headlight) and Fog Light HID'S

Mustanglvr2006

Mar 31, 2010
Somewhere
I just installed the Retro Solutions Digital 55W 6000K HID'S for my headlights and now I want to convert the fogs to HID'S, I was just speaking with Todd over at Retro Solutions and they do have the fog HID conversion kit.

Todd said he personally likes more of a yellowish fog, which would be a 3000K color temp, he said the yellowish does help see through the fog better than the white (which most mornings here there is a lot)

My question is, what do you think would look better with the 55W 6000K (almost pure white) HID'S I have now, the same color temp or a yellowish color temp for my fogs? Todd said the 3000K yellowish color is not a pure yellow, more a yellowish/whitish color, but def more of a yellow than white.

Which would you put on your Stang?

I would appreciate your opinions on this.

Thank you in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I like the yellow fogs too.

i have the Retrosolutions 6000K headlights and Hoen Endurance fog bulbs.

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 137
I like the yellow fogs too.

i have the Retrosolutions 6000K headlights and Hoen Endurance fog bulbs.

You have the Hoen H10 Bulbs right?

Have you experienced driving with them in really foggy conditions, and if so do you notice that they are more helpful seeing through the fog?

I found these on HOEN'S Site for 29.99 for the pair.

BTW, Thank you so much for posting the picture, thats exactly what I was hoping someone would do, you have been a great help GOLDENPONY :nice:

Thank you, and Thank you Jaybertx for your opinion as well :nice:

You have the Hoen H10 Bulbs right?

Have you experienced driving with them in really foggy conditions, and if so do you notice that they are more helpful seeing through the fog?

I found these on HOEN'S Site for 29.99 for the pair.

BTW, Thank you so much for posting the picture, thats exactly what I was hoping someone would do, you have been a great help GOLDENPONY :nice:

Thank you, and Thank you Jaybertx for your opinion as well :nice:

Yes, I have the H10 Hoen bulbs. They seem to work well in fog. When you get ready to install the fog bulbs, the owners manual tells you exactly how to do it. I had to fight my way through the install and when I found the section in the owners manual, I thought "Gee, that would have been easier". Duh. When all else fails, read the instructions. :nice:

Thanks for that advice, I would have probably just tried doing it without reading the owners manual, actually, I don't think that would have ever crossed my mind to read the owners manual.

Thanks again GoldenPony :nice:

BTW, GoldenPony thats one nice ride you have there, I really love the stripes on your hood, do they continue over the roof down the trunk? Are they painted or Vinyl?

Thanks for that advice, I would have probably just tried doing it without reading the owners manual, actually, I don't think that would have ever crossed my mind to read the owners manual.

Thanks again GoldenPony :nice:

BTW, GoldenPony thats one nice ride you have there, I really love the stripes on your hood, do they continue over the roof down the trunk? Are they painted or Vinyl?

Thanks for the kind words. Yea, she's my Baby. One addition since that picture was taken is a black Roush hood scoop right in the middle of the hood. I found some very cool emblems on Ebay that are red, white and blue and say "High Performance 281" with a Ford blue oval underneath. The whole thing is kind of Vee shaped. I put one on each side of the hood scoop.

No, the stripes don't extend over the top, she's a convertible. Those hood stripes are from the original Boss 302 car. They are painted. I also painted the spoiler black, the panel between the tailights black, and have a black fuel door. I also have black stripes on the rocker panels with Mustang GT lettering.
My grand kids call Grandpa's Mustang "The Bumble Bee". :)

Duh me, it says right in your Signature and I quote "2006 GT Premium Convertible" duh!!!! I have the Roush Hood Scoop as well and I was thinking about putting some kinda 281 decals on each side, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of the scoop with the emblems would you? or even the Ebay vendor who you bought them from, I'd love to see them.

I was thinking of getting the rocker panel stripes too, I just couldn't decide what to go with (black of course) but what should it say, there's so many, I saw one somewhere that said 330HP, I really liked.

Thats so cute your Grand Kids call your car "The Bumble Bee" :)

Here are a couple of pics showing the Roush scoop and the emblem on the side. Sorry, I don't remember the vendor I bought the emblems from.

Attachments

• DSCF0163.JPG
    DSCF0163.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF0161.JPG
    DSCF0161.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 106
Duh me, it says right in your Signature and I quote "2006 GT Premium Convertible" duh!!!! I have the Roush Hood Scoop as well and I was thinking about putting some kinda 281 decals on each side, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of the scoop with the emblems would you? or even the Ebay vendor who you bought them from, I'd love to see them.

I was thinking of getting the rocker panel stripes too, I just couldn't decide what to go with (black of course) but what should it say, there's so many, I saw one somewhere that said 330HP, I really liked.

Thats so cute your Grand Kids call your car "The Bumble Bee" :)

So, do you have your HIDs and yellow fogs in by now? How do you like the look?

Sorry GoldenPony, I completely forgot I asked you about the emblems, they look awesome on your Roush Scoop, I do have the HIDs in, I have not ordered the Hoen lights yet, I will be ordering them this week tho, we got 11 inches of snow this weekend and I can't even go outside to play around with my car. Figures tho, I started my 16 day vacation from work on the 18th (7 inches of snow last weekend) caught a cold on the 19th, been sick up till yesterday, I feel better today and would LOVE to go outside and just fiddle around with the Stang, but with 11 inches of snow still on the ground makes it miserable :(

Thank you for posting those pics!!!