Question about my cars factory options

cobra2798

Mar 30, 2005
Clermont, Florida
So I was looking through the 4.6 pic thread and noticed I dont have alot of the options most other SN95 cars have. For example my car has no cup holders, just a ashtray. My car has no ABS, no rear defrost, and I dont have the mach 460, its just a plain old factory system, no speakers near the side mirrors,speakers are on the bottom of the door. The car does have leather and fog lights, do I have some kind of strange option package? Just wondering, thanks guys:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

It might have a wierd options package but as far as making it more collectiable, I doubt it. Its not a 248a or whatever package (gts) which would be no power options, no fog lights, no wing, etc. It probably doesnt have the speakers by the mirror because thats the mach 460 package, but wierd it dont have any cup holders

It might have a wierd options package but as far as making it more collectiable, I doubt it. Its not a 248a or whatever package (gts) which would be no power options, no fog lights, no wing, etc. It probably doesnt have the speakers by the mirror because thats the mach 460 package, but wierd it dont have any cup holders

Car has power everything, foglights, coin holder, ashtray, no cup holders, no mach 460, no rear defrost, no abs, leather, vanity mirrors w/lights and all the other standard stuff. Its just a wierd combo of options, or lack of options.

The cup holders in the console weren't until 98 I believe. Neither my old 95, 96, or my 97 had those console cup holders, all they had were a flip up ash tray with the crappy fold out cup holder....

hey it's possible you have a 248a, the info I've found is not exactly specific on what the 248a package is other than a delete of all the GT options to a base V6 spec other than GT specifics (engine, transmission, gauges, rear end, etc)

I've seen other supposed 248a's that have had very strange options, but it could have been because of additions over the years. The 96 model (sold in 95) is closing in on two decades very quickly.

I can't be specific as my car is completely optionless with a 3.27 rear, and t-45. Everything else is manually operated or not there. Hope this helps and if you do find that your car is a 248a (I have a ford service manual and it doesn't list a specific vin ID for it) then welcome to the club. :nice:

:EDIT: I forgot to mention, I do have factory rear defrost though...

if you get the right size cup you can wedge it between the e-brake and passengers seat.
Thats what I do. It does have the crappy fold out cup holder, totally useless. If the car is a 248A how can I tell, I mean it has p/w, p/l, p/m's so I doubt it is. If the console cup holder did not come out until 98 then I guess the person who bought the car just passed on getting the mach 460 stereo:shrug: Ive replaced that POS anyway.

Whenever I have drinks which are mostly in bottle form I just wedge it in between my seat and the center console behind the seatbelt thingy. Besides supercars don't have cupholders...so why would yours have one?