Question about the S2000

mrvax

Stay thirsty my friends
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
SN Moderator: Orlando, Fl.
I'm asking here on SN so I can get a "real" answer not some wild exaggeration. What would a 2005 S2000 with a kit supercharger do in the 1/4?

The kits I've seen say they add 100hp. Anyone race one or know anything about them?

No other modifications other than some aftermarket exhaust.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Cant say much for the supercharger, but I did have the opportunity to drive one. Not sure of the year, but it was an early model cause it had the 9,000rpm redline. The thing was a complete dog until about 5,000rpm, then it really started to scream. What really suprised me was at ~7,000rpm it went ballistic and I had to keep it straight...

Not extremely fast, but cool car.

A s/c s2k would do low 13's maybe 12's depending on driver. Ive driven my bros 04 s2k stock and he pulled a 13.8. I do know a S/C s2k and its effing baddass and fun. Not sure on 1/4 but i would have to say low 13's high 12's

I saw one of those S2000 the other day while I was in my Mach. I never actually saw one before. I think I looked at it because I totally despise those Miata's and then I looked and it said S2000. I had to laugh. It looks like a toy car. :rlaugh:

I believe GinoGT traded his mustang in for a Honda Two Thouuuuusannd. If hes still kicking around, might want to PM him. Only experience i have is Forza Motorsport (85% of online all drag times and power output information are based off Forza experience)

The 2nd day I had my GT, I went to my brother's house and a friend of a friend of my brother was there, and said he had a S2000 and started running his mouth about how he beat Mustangs all day long. So I said where is it? Let's go see! He shut up after that, but next time I go there and I know he's there I'm bringing the modded fox body out.

ive read of most people running 13.1-13.2

S2k's arent drag cars,

No, they're not. They certainly have their place in the auto world. I'm sure the little 2 seater could run circles around me on a road course. And with a S/C and a good driver, I'm sure it's faster than me in 1/4.

Just not my style. If I had the $, the GT500 would be the way I'd go.