Question/Clarification for 2008 Mustang Mach 1

MattyB

Nov 24, 2020
My father recently passed and was in possession of a 2008 Ford Mustang, Mach-1. I can't seem to find out if this was a factory special edition or is this all after-market.

Can someone provide me a good estimate for the value of this vehicle or should I rely on kbb.com? (i.e. there is no mach-1 spec listed)

Any clarification/help provided would be appreciated. I signed up for an account specifically to ask.
11540838_894920940567866_7412174432947949955_n.jpg
IMG_2608.JPG
IMG_2609.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

It was a dealership-installed package, there weren't any factory Mach 1s after 2004. (There will be again soon though.)

Thank you. What is the rarity of this package? Also, what was the MSRP of the package if you have it?
It should be pretty rare since only a handful of shops and dealerships were installing these packages. It wasn't an official Ford package, so it's not something that would show up on a Marti report or would have a registry.

As far as the MSRP, that'd be whatever the dealership set it at after installing, and could vary wildly. There were multiple dealerships doing their versions of "Mach 1" and "Twister" and "Boss" conversion Mustangs, and they varied wildly in quality and price for the conversion. A dealership in Houston charged an $8000 markup on theirs if I recall correctly.

Sorry about the passing of your dad.

realistically, value would probably fall along the line of a standard GT. You can probably assign a premium to it afterwards, but not being an official Ford produced package, you may or may not get it, especially if you do not have any documentation. A prospective buyer may fall in love with it, or not.

it’s a sharp car.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user