Question for Texas classics about tint

Do any of you guys in here know what the stipulations are on window tinting and how dark you can go up to a certain year, I will prob. call the local DMV, but I though some of you classic guys might know. I have a 74 260z as a project, and I dont wanna have to remove any expensive tint!!
thanks

Banditlead said:
With the Straight Six?
My neighbor has a 7(8?) 280Z, till I rode in his, I always thought Datsuns were a joke, but they move pretty well.

Yeah, it has the 6 in it, 2 weber carbs ,and it will move, dont get me wrong, it wont hang with the pony, but I got it for classic appeal, and I have always wanted one, love the body style. I tell you what though, adjusting TWO carburators is a PAIN!!!

contact your local tint shop rather than the dmv, as they will know better what level tint is allowed since it is their business to.

oh and when it comes to the datsun Z cars, i like the 240z and the 300z in that order. all the others dont count as far as i am concerned.

I didn't know about the side mirror rule.

I dont think it makes any difference what the year model is.

Cool, thanks for the post, very helpful, I didnt know that either, but looks like Im gonna be doing something wrong, cuz Z's only have a mirror on the drivers side from the older years...

BTW, it has a 240 engine in it..... best of both worlds, stock A/C, yet no smog crap!!