Question on Chime Module and Airbag controller?

Good day all, I was curious about the nessecity of retaining the Chime module and the Airbag controller. I have a 1992 LX. I bought a started project and am completing it. All the factory electronics have been removed along with the Dash, ECU and all EFI related harnesses. I am running a Holley Sniper 2 with the complete Ecosystem, Hyper spark everything including the PDM. Dash was swapped to a Dakota digital along with GPS speedo and most other data coming from the Sniper. All that said I have a lot of wiring that I am not sure I need. I am slowly working through it. this leads to my question. I no longer have the airbag as the steering wheel is changed. all sensors were removed as well. Can I simply unplug and remove the control module? Also, what about the chime Module, I do not need to be reminded of lights left on as the battery cut off will be flipped when not in use. I realize I am disabling systems; however, they were removed before I bought the car. I am retaining all lights, power windows/locks, neutral safety etc. just trying to clean it up and thin out the wiring.

• Sponsors (?)

No reason not to remove them. If you do not have the airbag computer in the stock vehicle the CEL will not illuminate so being you no longer have the stock dash then, air bag, or sensors it's a very light boat anchor. I have the chime module disconnected in my Coupe as it annoyed the crap out of me. Been that way for about 20 years.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you AeroCoupe, much appreciated. I am realizing there is a lot of wiring I could remove but not sure about the different circuits need for things like the neutral safety for the starter etc. Hopefully when that book that was mentioned in my other thread comes in it will help me to lighten everything even more.