question on installing TB and Plenum

MotleyCrue

Dec 5, 2003
Cedar Falls, IA
Hi guys,

When you go to install these, do you need to install one before the other? Or does it not matter. Its a 2003 if it matters. Thanks. Also, did you mark the hoses and lines running to the TB and plenum so you dont get them screwed up or is that pretty much impossible. Finally, the spring for the throttle body, how hard is that to disconnect? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I installed mine about two weeks ago, I took out both TB/and plenom at the same time. It was a piece of cake to install, I took digital pictures from different angles in stock form to assist with putting it all back together, but in the end I never used them it is straight foward. If you need any help let me know and I will help you out as best I can. :flag:

I agree, if not sure take pictures just in case. But that mod is one of the easiest to do. You might want to go to a ford dealer and get a new tps because trying to get the old on off the throttle body is hell
:nice:

road rage said:
I agree, if not sure take pictures just in case. But that mod is one of the easiest to do. You might want to go to a ford dealer and get a new tps because trying to get the old on off the throttle body is hell
:nice:
I already installed a Dragon Plenum, but will be putting on a 75mm t/b later.. how much is that new TPS.. cuz the stock one is really hard to get off.. i would probably end up stripping the bolts.

Well, having finally done this, I can comment now.

Hoses can't really be confused, worst thing is you could forget to connect one, but theres not that many and you'd notice it quick.

As for the TPS, mine came loose with a perfect fit phillips head, with a crescent wrench turning while i pushed in on them. The "POP" sound they make when breaking loose is a great feeling.

To note, i re-used the OE throttle body mount bolts, and also re-used the TPS bolts. The ones ACCUfab sent were ALLEN head's(I cant stand those).

All in all, I'd say the hardest part was stretching the OE rubber intake hose over the new larger TB. What a pain!(it is 30 degrees here, I guess it SHRANK!?) One day and so far so good.

Tony

P.S. After mounting my combo, I checked the free-play from closed to open on the TB. I found that it was sticking half way. A closer look revealed the outlet tube for the rear hose connection was positioned too high, causing it to contact the cruise control linkage arm. A simple tap-tap with a hammer fixed the problem.