Question regarding PBR caliper upgrade on 5-conversion

interceptor7

Aug 11, 2006
I have a 93 GT that I'm doing a 5-lug conversion with '94 spindes on. I decided to upgrade to 99 PBR calipers. I know the banjo bolt on the 93 is a different thread size, but will the banjo bolt from the PBRs fit the 93's brake line? I have steel braided lines so I'd rather not have to buy new ones.

• Sponsors (?)

No. There is an adapter that you can buy. 50resto has it for a few dollars. It goes on the passenger side. You are going to need 94-04 style brake lines as well.

Thanks! So, in other words, my 93 hoses will not work on the PBR caliper even with the PBRs banjo bolt. So, I have to get 99+ lines plus the adapter. Do you know what size the adapter is? would like to get it locally and not have to wait on shipping.

correct. I would grab new lines from NAPA or Carquest and you will need a 1/4 female x 3/16 male adaptor to connect the passenger side soft line to the hard line. Sell your 93 hoses later to help offset the costs.

I was looking at the actual sizes of the banjo bolts, and they're both M10 bolts. Difference is in thread pitch, which is 1.0 vs 1.5. Now, I'm no expert in metric hardware, but doesn't that mean they're the same diameter? And if that's the case, I can't see why you couldn't use either bolt in the same hose fitting (unless there's a huge difference in length).

I know it won't thread into the wrong female threads in the caliper. I'm saying that it should fit in the banjo fitting at the hose. In other words, my theory is that if I get '99 calipers with their proper banjo bolt, that bolt should work in the '93's hose fitting (it's just an issue of diameter, not thread pitch; there's no threads on the banjo hose-end).

Of course, this all relies on me not having overlooked some obvious detail, which is totally possible. :)