questions about dohc engine

Erskine

Sep 11, 2004
Detriot
ok my 96gt 4.6 sohc is smoken bad so i went looken around for engines around where i live and i found a 98 4.6 dohc out of a mark car. how will it fit, like mount wise, eletric wise, and exhaust wise. please help. should i use the intake already on it or get will a cobra intake fit in.

and they had a 5.4 engine too and those i know slide right it no problem besides the exhaust has to be custom made or something.

• Sponsors (?)

Erskine said:
ok my 96gt 4.6 sohc is smoken bad so i went looken around for engines around where i live and i found a 98 4.6 dohc out of a mark car. how will it fit, like mount wise, eletric wise, and exhaust wise. please help. should i use the intake already on it or get will a cobra intake fit in.

and they had a 5.4 engine too and those i know slide right it no problem besides the exhaust has to be custom made or something.

It would be easyer doing the 4.6 cause the exhaust is pain in the ass. I would get a cobra intake if you considerd buying this engine. It will drop right in no problem. Only thing you will need to do is mod your gt wire harness and get a your cpu flashed to work with dohc program.

Pretty much only need few items once you have the engine of course.

SCT Xcalibrator
Radiator hoses
Throttle/cruise cable

Maybe couple little more items i left out :shrug: