quick exhaust question

STP72

Nov 11, 2006
Iam thinking about upgrading my mid pipe for sound on my 88LX still has stock (4) cats H pipe. I can get a used stock H pipe fairly cheap and was thinking about getting that an hollowing out the cats. Now if I hollow them out with this decrease performance at all?

I would like to get and off road H or X Pipe but stricts laws here, And police have been known to use mirrors to look underneath cars to see if cats are there.
Has anyone ever had a road side inspection like this??

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

nobody I know has ever had a roadside inspection, and I have never heard of one actually being conducted. If you ask me, cops probably refuse to do it because most don't even know what they are looking at. But maybe they have been done, I don't know.

If you hollow out a stock H-pipe, the performance will not decrease, and it will be a lot louder.

I've heard of those inspections, I'm glad they dont do them around here. About the cats, why dont you have the hollow cat wielded around the o/r pipe. Or you could buy a Mac prochamber, I *heard* that the prochamber gets mistaken for cats.

just get a high flow catted h-pipe.. a little more in cost but the bennifits are 2 fold. 1. you get a mamdrel bent h-pipe and you get high flow cats that may meets your states requirments. Check local laws. In CA you have to havethe stock H-pipe arrangement, 4 cats fed with air from the pump.

I've heard of those inspections, I'm glad they dont do them around here. About the cats, why dont you have the hollow cat wielded around the o/r pipe. Or you could buy a Mac prochamber, I *heard* that the prochamber gets mistaken for cats.
That was my suggestion. You could take the heat shielding off the cats and weld it to the off road pipe.