Quick question regarding emissions

• Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38176

It's time to get inspected and am still not sure if I'll pass. I went to my local Lube-n-Go (where I get all my cars inspected) and asked what exactly is it that they do to test emissions. The tech told me that since the car is newer than 1996, they just run a diagnostic on the cars computer for emissions (no sniffer or visual inspection).

If I've cleared all trouble codes (including the one for my exhaust) with my SCT, will their scanner still pick it up?

Also, would it be a good idea to have BAMA write me an "emissions-friendly" tune for the inspection?

• Sponsors (?)

If you have no codes, it'll pass. With that being said, the car needs a certain number of "drive cycles" to pass, as well. If you just cleared the codes, it will probably fail. However, if you actually disabled the rear O2 sensors in the tune, it will pass.

If you have no codes, it'll pass. With that being said, the car needs a certain number of "drive cycles" to pass, as well. If you just cleared the codes, it will probably fail. However, if you actually disabled the rear O2 sensors in the tune, it will pass.

Ok great. I'll ask Bama if they can write a tune which includes disabling the rear O2's. Thanks.