Quick steering wheel question..

jonfor

Apr 20, 2009
Columbus, GA
i bought this:

View attachment 252074

to replace this nightmare:

View attachment 252075

and the kit for installation is on back order. i got bored and pulled off ronald mcdonald's steering wheel from hell tonight and found this:

View attachment 252076

the threaded holes are basically useless. does the $20 installation kit include a new mounting plate? how do i get this one off? the kit will hopefully show up soon. any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

That steering wheel looks like a huge improvement over the other one. I don't like those cheesy Grant GT steering wheels anyway. The fact that that one is red just makes it worse.

Either way the Grant is horrible- the hub and horn design is poor, and has been for 40 years. For about twice the price you could have had ten times the quality- Even Carrol Shelby uses these:

G01108.jpg

Either way the Grant is horrible- the hub and horn design is poor, and has been for 40 years. For about twice the price you could have had ten times the quality- Even Carrol Shelby uses these:

i am at the poverty level. please do not rub it in.

I had to super glue the horn button on my Grant wheel. That thing would shoot off when you're least expecting it!

my brother lives in Raleigh and just sold a decent '67? mustang coupe with a factory 4 speed a few weeks ago. he is not a car guy, it was his inheritance from his father-in-law. i would have bought it if i would have known what he was willing to sell it for. he quoted me several thousand $$ more. i wonder if the new owner is lurking around here?

i am at the poverty level. please do not rub it in.

my brother lives in Raleigh and just sold a decent '67? mustang coupe with a factory 4 speed a few weeks ago. he is not a car guy, it was his inheritance from his father-in-law. i would have bought it if i would have known what he was willing to sell it for. he quoted me several thousand $$ more. i wonder if the new owner is lurking around here?

For the first, paste your Christmas list to the refrigerator, early and often. You'll be surprised what happens when people have a clue what you'd like.

For the second, when some people hear the word "Mustang", the sound transmitted to their brain is "cha ching". For such people, cash is king. Typically, if somebody is asking, say, five grand, and you show up with four grand in $20 bills, you just bought a car. These people get all squishy when they see that much money.