quick tire/rim question

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah man, you should go with a 315, or a 305 at the smallest. I'm not sure if a 295 would be too small, but you might as well get bigger with the 10.5" wide rims!! If money is a problem, then I would suggest tirerack.com, they seem to have the best deal on tires. :nice:

why would you even want to do that? the whole advantage of going with a wider rim is so you can get a wider tire which means a wider footprint which means more traction. deep dish or the like is just a bonus.

if money is an issue, wait until you can afford the right tire for the right application.

why would you even want to do that? the whole advantage of going with a wider rim is so you can get a wider tire which means a wider footprint which means more traction. deep dish or the like is just a bonus.

if money is an issue, wait until you can afford the right tire for the right application.

a lot of "drifters" (AKA NEOricers) tend to do this beecause they want the "baller status" of super wide wheels without having to fork out the tire money.. and cause they lack the power needed to break them loose usually.

dealing with that kind of stupidity is why i've been banned from more 240 forums than i can think of.

285 is too ****ing small.

I have 285's on my 10.5" wheels. I tried to buy 315's. The guys at the tire shop down here argued with whether or not 315's would fit in the back of a mustang for 15 minutes. In the end, because the owner of the shop is a friend of my family, I gave into their BS (well, I was actually trying to buy Nitto DR's, but our friend convinced my parents they were unsafe, and since I wasn't racing at the time, I just gave up and said give me the biggest you can fit on it). Biggest mistake I've made with my car.

2nd mistake: the 245's I got on the front 9 inchers.

Absoultely no rim protection from either.

So to answer your question, 285's are too ****ing small.