Quietest roller rocker out there?

my9302002

Oct 28, 2007
Upgrading to AFR heads, have read a lot about the noise they can make. Anyone recommend a roller rocker that keeps the noise down to the minimum? These will be stud mount with 1.6....1.7 maybe if the feedback on the noise isn't bad.
Thanks,
Drew

• Sponsors (?)

Get a shaft rocker....

Very stable and minimal valve train noise. I use the Probe shaft rockers. I wouldnt get anything cheaper than that and they're $550 i believe. Whatever you do DON'T get that china crap on ebay ....unless of course you like metal shavings in your motor when the needle bearings wear out. I learned my lesson and lucked out and didn't damage my motor in the process.

Ive got cranes on myne with a girdle and they still clack, just something your gonna have to deal with unless you pony up the dough for a shaft system.

the jesels in the race car you cant even hear but you really cant hear **** over the car anyway... the SVO's in mine seam pretty quiet

I have some Harland sharps on my afr185s,for the price they seem to work out pretty well.I suggest that if you are running anytype of cam with a decent lift to be very careful with afr valve springs.I will be doing a nice post about this very soon.

The springs that come on AFR heads are junk, just like most other heads. All the rave about springs being good for xxx amount of lift is total crap. That says nothing about being able to control the valve and lifter properly.

Don't be overly concerned about the rocker noise.
If you run an exhaust and a cam, you aren't going to be able to hear them anyway, unless you have your head under the hood.