Racing 4 Link without cutting the car in half

hllon4whls

BANNED
Founding Member
Jan 17, 2002
Covington
Everything in my rear suspension is stock. The quads are gone and I have adjustable shocks. Stock control arms, no torque box reinforcements, no c-clip elims, stock posi. In my search for a cost effective rear setup, my friend was telling me about this 4 link he had been putting in. I think that I am going to do it. The brackets and links are 189 from chassiworks heim joints are 155 from jegs. Plus shocks and springs. You also need to buy a 3x2 crossmember.

I have been talking to a lot of stangers about a lot of possibilities. By the time I buy battle boxes (just an easy name), control arms and springs, this makes a lot of sense financially.

This is on a dodge duster, it would be installed between the frame rails on a stang.

Attachments

• small cropped 4link 4.JPG
    small cropped 4link 4.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 101
  • small 4link 1.JPG
    small 4link 1.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 123
  • Sponsors (?)

hllon4whls said:
Everything in my rear suspension is stock. The quads are gone and I have adjustable shocks. Stock control arms, no torque box reinforcements, no c-clip elims, stock posi. In my search for a cost effective rear setup, my friend was telling me about this 4 link he had been putting in. I think that I am going to do it. The brackets and links are 189 from chassiworks heim joints are 155 from jegs. Plus shocks and springs. You also need to buy a 3x2 crossmember.

I have been talking to a lot of stangers about a lot of possibilities. By the time I buy battle boxes (just an easy name), control arms and springs, this makes a lot of sense financially.

This is on a dodge duster, it would be installed between the frame rails on a stang.
HPM has an 4 link adjustable setup. Might want to check it out. hpmotorsports.com Hmmmm.... Wanted to double check and make sure that the site still worked and I couldn't get into it. I know the site is right b/c I even double checked on yahoo.com's search. Here's there #. 1-402-731-7301. Even if they don't have what u want they can point u in the right direction.

looks like it would be a good setup. are you looking for a lot of adjustability or just a good solid rear suspension? you might think about getting some ladder bars if your not concerned with tuning to much, but even then, there are adjustable ladder bars. Moroso/competition engineering might offer some for a mustang. i just looked in the catalog but there was no listing, there number is 203-453-5200 if you wanted to check it out. i just ordered some ladder bars/springs from them (well through a local place, but it is moroso's product) and will be putting them in soon if all goes well. i was going to go with chassisworks until i called them and talked to some guy who was just no help at all. his customer service skills blew. so i said screw it, im not messing with them.......ok now i have written to much. hope this helped

dug said:
looks like it would be a good setup. are you looking for a lot of adjustability or just a good solid rear suspension?

The ability to tune does not hurt any, but mainly I want a good solid rear setup. I still have some parts tallying to do, but I think this will come out cheaper or the same price as fixing my rear suspension up to make it safe. I am at a low power level, but the stock stuff wont hold up forever.