raised white letter?

since i have been having to us my 65 couple which is very normal..and since i am basically broke..i had to put some tires on it..i put some basic uniroyal tiger paws, with the raised white letter .....what are your thoughts on raised white letter tires and do have any good pics.? which i dont lol sorry

• Sponsors (?)

Raised white letters look great on classic 'stangs especially with Magnum wheels.
(Pay no attention to the man behind the steering wheel).

Familystang.jpg

Attachments

• Familystang.jpg
    Familystang.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 152
65-66 look best with white walls and either styled steels or spinner hub caps. magnums and raised letters give them a 67+ look that doesnt fit the 65-66 classy style. My 65 has either has 205-75-14 white walls or mickey thompsans, even my mickeys have painted on whitewall......

jes72mustang said:
Just got the Firehawk Indy 500s RWL on the 72 today here are a couple of pics.
Not the greatest because it's back in the garage, weather is starting to look iffy.

View attachment 482067

View attachment 482069

I also went with a more correct size. The PO had some lo profile BFG Radial T/As on it.

NewStanceDS_edited.jpg

I'll get a better picture on a sunny day.
:nice: :nice: Nice 72, I always thought the coupes for those years ( 71-73) looked better than the fastbacks.

On 14 and 15 inch rims, RWL are the way to go. When you have that much sidewall showing, you need something to break it up. 16" rim and up with low profile tires, you don't need it.

My worst mustang moment was when my Dad 'surprised me' after school one day with a new set of whitewalls on my '66 coupe. :eek: I couldn't wait to get those things off.

Randy'65 said:
On 14 and 15 inch rims, RWL are the way to go. When you have that much sidewall showing, you need something to break it up. 16" rim and up with low profile tires, you don't need it.

My worst mustang moment was when my Dad 'surprised me' after school one day with a new set of whitewalls on my '66 coupe. :eek: I couldn't wait to get those things off.
You need to grow into the look of whitewalls, or you tend to repect them, if your car can put down 580 rwhp, get kicked off the track for not having a roll bar and win just about every open header contest, whitewalls dont seem to bad. Plus they look sexy with swimsuit models.
34391.jpg

Yea I also have weld pro drag rims and drag tires but only for race events.