Rare fox body parts?

Bazooka1

Mar 14, 2020
California
Some parts are getting harder to find nowadays what would you guys say are some of the rare hard to find uncommon fox body parts.

I would say for me it seems like tweed coupe rear upper back seat is getting pretty rare be it gray or obviously black these things just aren’t popping up anymore and when they do the prices are ridiculous.

• Sponsors (?)

all original (not aftermarket or reproduction) fox body parts are getting harder to find. I remember not too long ago you could go to any junkyard and find a fox body. I haven't seen one in a yard in years now and even then they were all 4 cylinder cars. All the V8 stuff? Long gone/hoarded/etc. There's a lot of parts that still aren't reproduced. Pedal assemblies, wiper governors, clock springs, etc. (that I know of?). You guys ever tried to find 2.3 parts? SVO parts? Took me a YEAR to find a used 2.3 block and I just stumbled on it and several others.

Reactions: 1 users
I know there's guys on my local FB feeds that just drive around, buy junk Fox bodies and part them out. Not sure if it's a good source of side money, or more of a hobby for them.

This one particular guy has probably parted out a dozen or so in the last 2-3 months. Buys em, lets guys come pull parts for round 1, strips them down and stores parts for round 2, and then lets people have a last chance at it for round 3 before he sends them to the crusher.

SOme of the cars could be repairable, and I've seen worse rebuilt from the ground up. Buying a foxbody parts car seems to be harder and harder to do these days.

Reactions: 1 user
Every other day on Craigslist a guy post "buying 86-93 Mustangs any condition for cash" . Look how much convertible interior plastic goes for. Usually starts at $100. One side with speaker cover is $200.00 Hope I never need any for those prices

I have an acquaintance who bought a coupe a while back. He then found out the quarter windows weren't reproduced and bought a pristine set for ~$1500. Six months later, LMR started reproducing them.

I have an acquaintance who bought a coupe a while back. He then found out the quarter windows weren't reproduced and bought a pristine set for ~$1500. Six months later, LMR started reproducing them.

Now they are no longer available :shrug:. As fast as they became available they disappeared

Reactions: 1 users
Now they are no longer available :shrug:. As fast as they became available they disappeared
I remember seeing another site...pretty sure it was Fox Resto, that was advertising the quarter windows and stating that the prices would be going up significantly after a certain amount of time. I want to say I saw it on an Instagram post.

It might have been the restoration service they were talking about but I can't find the post/ad...

In my progress thread, a couple of people noted that original radios/stereos and the air silencer are becoming harder and harder to find.

I have some factory headers on the shelf. I also bought a air box for my car recently. Sold a smog pump with bracket and factory alternator recently with the little black plastic guard still on the alternator.

all original (not aftermarket or reproduction) fox body parts are getting harder to find. I remember not too long ago you could go to any junkyard and find a fox body. I haven't seen one in a yard in years now and even then they were all 4 cylinder cars. All the V8 stuff? Long gone/hoarded/etc. There's a lot of parts that still aren't reproduced. Pedal assemblies, wiper governors, clock springs, etc. (that I know of?). You guys ever tried to find 2.3 parts? SVO parts? Took me a YEAR to find a used 2.3 block and I just stumbled on it and several others.
Yup

Factory radios in my area when they do pop up folks ask an arm and a leg for them.

I could not get my old tape deck out of my fox fast enough along with the stupid shifter . Went right into the trash. Now you tell me . I started saving other stuff. Steering wheel. clock thing , and all other stuff I have been saving. I like my car mostly stock.

Attachments

• KIMG0159.JPG
    KIMG0159.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 221